Thursday 11 November 2021

Quilted and Bound.

So on Tuesday I decided it was time to get some quilting done.
I gave the sitting room floor and extra good going over with the vacuum and started to lay things out.
I turned my back long enough to collect my scissors and returned to find the inspector had arrived.
 
I didn't get much further before I noticed that the neighbours inspector was also watching me.
Why are cats so nosey?
So with their approval I did eventually manage to get all of the layers onto my frame.
Then the trouble started. My top thread kept snapping.
I rethreaded the machine about six times, maybe seven, I lost count of how many breakages I had in less than two edge to edge rows of quilting.
So I turned everything off and walked away.
While I was distracting myself I discovered that Spotlight have batting on special, and mine is getting low, so I purchased more and I also noticed that they had batik bundles on special too, so one of those jumped into my basket.
Less than 24 hours later, they were both on my doorstep!
You don't need a picture of a roll of batting do you? I'm sure you know what one of those looks like. LOL
After I had gotten over the excitement of new fabrics it was time to address the quilting frame again.
Well the sewing machine sat on it!
I don't know what I did differently, but yesterday it worked. 
I opted for a very simple edge to edge loopy loop pattern. Nothing challenging or fancy.
You can kind of see it here, with my label and the bound edge.
I finished the quilting and had all the threads buried and the binding on by lunchtime. Then spent the afternoon closing the binding and had a completed quilt by tea time.
I decided to put off the photo shoot until this morning.
It's a bit of a grey day today and I struggled to get a good photos.
But here is the best of a bad lot.
Floral Delight will be a donor quilt. I think I mentioned in previous posts, that we have regular raffles and prize draws at work. This quilt is destined for one of those.
So what to do with myself today?
I didn't start my November Ornament yet.
I have only a few flowers left to add to Edyta's garden.
I have Sea Swept calling out to be quilted.
I have rusty Autumnal shades waiting to be cut.
I have elephants to make.
Plenty to do then, I just need to make a decision.
*
And because it is the 11th day of the 11th Month.
I'll stop whatever I'm doing at the 11th hour for just a few minutes.
I Will Remember Them.

8 comments:

Fiona said...

I love the finished quilt..... beautifully done

Hugz

kiwikid said...

Your quilt is beautiful Lou, and the supervisors are quick on the job aren't they!! Good to have a minute or two to remember.

Maria said...

Love both the inspectors….
Nice purchases , I managed to pick up two rolls of wadding today as well. Handy to have on hand….
Floral Delight is a pretty donation quilt….
Decisions decisions I’m sure you’ll probably work on a few….

jude's page said...

Glad you managed to get your quilt quilted, sometimes it's good to walk away and come back later

ButterZ said...

Great finish for your donation quilt. Yes we should all remember them.

Janice said...

A beautiful donation quilt. It sounds like turning off your machine and walking away was the right thing to do at the time.

Karen S said...

Great to get a finish. And very pleasing that your machine behaved.
Looks like some good buys there as well.

Lin said...

Machines can be pretty finicky sometimes! Glad it decided to comply in the end and what a pretty finish. Someone will be a very lucky owner. xx