Tuesday 28 December 2021

Christmas roundup.

Phew! Where to start. It's been a very busy few days.
Tony came home early from work on Christmas eve. He bought flowers on the way.
Unable to decide which ones to get, he had purchase two bunches.
Our neighbour had also given me flowers. They are away for a few days and we are charged with looking after their garden and collecting any mail. She had cut these lilies and gifted them to me as nobody would be home to enjoy them. 
On Christmas day My boy Joe and his family came to visit. There were lots of gifts and lots of fun.
I think young Torstein likes his eye spy quilt.
I backed it with a piece of fleece, so it is very soft and cuddly.
You can see just a tiny bit of Sea swept there beside Torstein and his quilt. I gifted Sea Swept to his mum Lee. She didn't want her photo taken, but this is what she said about it on her Facebook..
*
"They say in life the best gifts aren't what you get from the store but rather a gift that is made with their time, love and energy. A huge thank you to my amazing mother in law Lou Heron for making me this gorgeous quilt it means the world to me more than you will ever know and makes me feel so loved 🥰"
*
One more picture of Torstein.
I think all the excitement had made him hungry. He ate a very good lunch.
All too soon it was time for me to head off to work.
It was a lovely day, I very much enjoyed spending it with family.
*
Santa was a little put out as his big gift to me has not yet arrived. I have no idea what it is, but I'm told that it has cleared customs and is enroute to Timaru. 
But I still had things to unwrap on the big day.
A whole set of quilting rulers. 
These will keep me busy once I learn how to use them. 
He also  bought me this lovely book. 
They really are tiny, each embroidered  hexie  is only one inch.
My brother hit the nail on the head too, with another book.
There is some good reading and a few interesting projects in this one too.
*
On Boxing Day, we partied with Deb and her family. 
*
The 27th was a big day, at very short notice Chooky had one of her zoom sew alongs. I didn't have time to do much prep work, so only had a few Lucy blocks ready to sew.
As usual, there were ladies from all over the world joining us throughout the day.
It was good to see regular faces, who are fast becoming friends.
There were also some new faces too. 
And at least one person has been bullied talked in to starting a Lucy Boston quilt. 
You will enjoy it Chris, honest.
Once I had sewn together all the blocks I had prepared, I set about preparing some more. 
A quick count revealed that I only need eight more blocks.
Time to sort out the back ground fabrics and the squares.
Later in the evening I was joined by my friend.
She was fussing and taking too long to get settled, I had to show the girls what was going on.
It was a lovely relaxing day, just what I needed. Thank you Chooky for getting us all organised once again. I'm very much looking forward to our first Zoom of 2022.
See you Sunday. 😀
*
Today, the party is at our place. It's becoming a tradition for us to host a Twixmas party.
I do hope the weather improves. It rained all day yesterday, great for a zoomy sewing day, but not so great for our party today. 
*
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and wish everyone all the very best for the coming year.

10 comments:

Jenny said...

Such a lovely day spent with family, lovely gifts and flowers. Do tell how you get on with those quilting rulers, I think you need a special foot too, is that right?

kiwikid said...

Lovely to have family time Lou, they were beautiful words from your daughter in law. Wonderful to have something you have made appreciated. Was great to see you and your beautiful blocks on zoom yesterday.

Ali Honey said...

Seasons Greetings Lou, to yo both and you too Deb if you are reading.

ButterZ said...

It was good with zoom yesterday. A great way to sit and relax with sewing and friends. You are doing a great job with Lucy. How lovely to have all those flowers. Hope Santa finds his way.

Diane-crewe said...

lovely memories ... and a chat with friends as well x

Ondrea said...

Your blue LB blocks all look beautiful. Some lovely books and rulers there. Looks like your quilts are very appreciated which is worth all the time and energy you put in.
Lovely to see you yesterday despite my brief visit.

Lin said...

Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas. Hope that gift arrives soon! xx

Chookyblue...... said...

special memories from Christmas......so please you joined in zoom and we have managed to get Chris started on Lucy.......your blocks are cruising along.......see you Sunday........

Maria said...

Lovely family Christmas …. Beautiful post your DIL put on her Facebook page…
Great gifts for you to enjoy…
Gorgeous Lucy blocks you make while Zooming …
See Sunday 😀

Janice said...

What a lovely time you’ve had over the last few days. I’m sure your party today will be great fun, whatever the weather gods bring. Have fun on Sunday. We will still be travelling, I’ll only be able to quickly pop in again.