Saturday 18 December 2021

Can't sleep.

What do you do when you're awake in the night and can't get back to sleep?
I figured I may as well write a quick blog post.
After lunch on Thursday, Debbie and I just had time to have a look through a couple of op shops, before I had to head home and change for work. I scored again. I found another cute wee floral and a pretty spotty fabric.
Plus two brand new cotton pillow cases which will make great backing fabrics. 
Yesterday was a day off work. My studies for the week were complete, so I could play.
Was it last week, or the week before that I showed you the I spy fabrics all sewn up into four patch units?
Yesterday I got on and sewed them all together.
With a blue grey fabric for sashing.
And a spacy robot fabric for corner stones.
There are tractors and diggers, boats and cars, all manner of things for a boy to discover. 
I got them all sewn in to rows, before Tony came home for lunch.
Then when he returned to work I pulled everything together in to a top.
I not sure about how to finish this one. Maybe layered and quilted, or maybe I'll just find and add a fleece backing. Ill let you know.
I have a bundle of girls I spy fabrics that I plan to use in the same way. Maybe they will get the chop later today.
Right now I'm going back to bed because it is 4 am and I should be asleep.
I hope you are all sleeping better than I am.

9 comments:

Fiona said...

I'm a bit like you... if for some reason I can't sleep may as well do something useful... or semi useful!

Love the quilt.... looks lovely against the light with the frames round the blocks....

Hugz

Jenny said...

The Eye Spy quilt top looks great!

Flickenstichlerin said...

Huge progress in such a little time, looks great.

Maria said...

I’ve not been long in bed at 3am so maybe that’s why I don’t have trouble sleeping?
Good idea to get up and do something if your awake….
Nice find at the oppie.
The Boys I Spy looks great and will be loved by a little one…

Karen S said...

It is so frustrating when sleep will not come. Glad you had something to do!!!
Your quilt is looking lovely. Great the way it has come together.

Janice said...

Good score at the op shop. The eye spy quilt has lots of interesting things gif a boy and the sashings will be great for running cars around. I hope your sleeplessness is only short lived, or we will have lots of blog posts.

kiwikid said...

I hope you got back to sleep, I was awake at 4am this morning too, the brain ticking over things to be done!! Great Eye Spy quilt.

jude's page said...

Great op shop finds, sorry you can't sleep, must be frustrating!

Chookyblue...... said...

love how you have sashed this quilt.......really effect