Monday 6 December 2021

This, That and the Next Thing.

I just had my weekend off work. I had planned to get on and do loads of things. But I had my booster shot on Friday and it made me pretty ill. I picked up my crochet on Friday, but Saturday was a write off. I spent most of the day sleeping. By Sunday I was massively improved and able to sit quietly and sew. 
I had planned to make time to start my Christmas Ornament for December, but didn't feel up to that and instead I picked up Sea Swept. I had finished the binding a few days ago, but still had a couple of thread ends to bury. That was done in no time, and Tony helped me with a 
TA DAA! 
This photo really doesn't do much for it. It is stunning in real life.
Next I picked up Edyta's Garden. I had four flowers and some neutral spaces left to add.
The flowers were already made and it was just a case of adding them on. I did have to create the shapes for the neutral spaces, but that didn't take long.
Another almost Ta Daa!
I want to add a border before I call this one done.
It's difficult to get a good photo. These were taken last night, with lights on.
It's a very grey and overcast day here, so trying for a daylight shot probably won't work either.
So that was this and that. What's the next thing?
I still had some evening left after finishing with the garden hexies, so I pulled out some more hexies.
I first introduced you to Jenny's Hexies back in August
And I took them with me when we went to Invercargill last month
And here they are again.
I've added a few fabrics to the collection I received and plan to make a donation quilt with them.
So last night I spent a little time doing some more prep work and just because I could I put two more blocks together. It's going to be a very pretty, very girly little quilt. 
And in my sewing room?
I mentioned that I wanted something to play with for a short time each morning, before starting my study for the day. And here it is. A very boyish I spy. I bought  this fabric bundle a while ago. Twenty  10 inch squares in twenty different fabrics. They were on special, so I had to do it, didn't I?
There are tractors and diggers, boats and light houses, soccer and rugby fabrics and all manner of other things too. I chopped them each into four and then made up four patch units.
Next job is to find a good fabric for sashing. 
But sadly not today. I've used up my me time this morning sitting here writing this blog post, so that will be a job for tomorrow. 
So there it is. My weekend wasn't a total loss.
I hope yours was good.
Now I'm off to study Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. 




7 comments:

kiwikid said...

Seaswept is stunning Lou well done on the finish. Your hexie quilt is beautiful too, you are going really well getting finishes happening. The eye spy looks wonderful too. Hope your study went well.

dq said...

Sea swept is absolutely amazing even in the photo!!!

Karen S said...

Your Sea Swept quilt is wonderful.
The colours are delightful and it just looks gorgeous.

Lin said...

Sea Swept is so beautiful - a masterpiece I think!. Lovely hexie flower project and those pretty pink ones are going to make a great quilt. xx

jude's page said...

Your study sounds intense, and love your TaDaa, Sea Swept, looks fantastic

Ondrea said...

So sorry that you have had another bad reaction to the vaccine. Who knows what it is doing to us apart from helping avoid serious illness from Covid. Not much choice really. Your Sea Swept quilt is absolutely stunning!!! Hexie quilt is so lovely.

Chookyblue...... said...

your on a roll.......sea sweot looks wonderful.........and well done on getting the hexies finished......