Thursday 16 December 2021

It's looking Christmassy.

So last weekend, Tony had to go away again, for work. But before he left, he helped me to decorate our trees. If this is your first Christmas with me, yes, you read that right. Trees. Plural.
There are only three of them this year.
My beautiful white tree in my hall, decorated with blue and silver.
Some ornaments were hand made by me.
And some by other people.
Some are holiday mementoes. This pretty bell is hand painted and purchased in Prague when we visited in 2013.
Others were lucky finds at the local op shop.
Next to go up was the big tree in the sitting room.
There are glass angels, bells and of course a taste of home hanging on this one.
And another hand painted bell from Prague. Along side a hand made angel purchased on a visit to Gozo/Malta.
and right at the top, in pride of place a cute wee fairy made by a friend of my Mum.
She has sat atop our family tree for over 40 years.
Finally my favourite tree is in the dining room. The ornaments on this one are all hand made. Some by me, some by you.
If you look closely you can see evidence of SSCS exchanges. 
Of course my windswept Santas.
One from Janice and one from Maria.
There are many more handmade ornaments spread over all three trees, too many to mention, but all cherished and loved.
I have mailed out most of the ornaments I made throughout the year. But didn't start making my own yet! LOL Maybe this weekend.
I've been busy making ornaments of a different kind at work.
Some of the residents enjoy a little crafting, so Hayze (My colleague) and I encouraged them to make ornaments.
We made stars and trees from wooden lolly sticks.
Painting and gluing and sticking.
There are still some snow flakes to come and I'll try to remember to get a photo of our wee tree. 
I have been a very lucky girl and received two Christmas packages already. 
In the first was not one, but three new ornaments for the tree in my dining room.
My pal Clowie has an embroidery machine and used it to make her swaps this year.
An Angel.
A bell.
And a pretty little tree.
The other package I received had a card from Maria and a cute wee book mark.
Thank you Maria.
And finally, a package I received a little while ago. 
A paper pack for more EPP.
If you think this looks a little like Chookys Blue lanterns, you're right. I'll be chasing that particular squirrel as soon as I finish with Jenny's hexies.
Speaking of Jenny's Hexies, here they are. I started to join the 4 hex units together.
I'm thinking I might make it a little wider.
I have more 4 hexes made, but have been busy with my studies. My assessor has asked me to take a break over Christmas. So maybe I'll get a few things done.
Well, that's my news, I'm off to get on with my day.
Lunch with Debbie to swap ornaments, then off to work at 3pm.
But first, some fun I think.

8 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

such pretty decorations...i have only one small tree but it is overladen with handmades...they are special

Lin said...

Your trees are beautiful and isn't it lovely to get out familiar friends at this time of year. xx

Jenny said...

Three trees and full of beautiful and very special ornaments, thanks for sharing. Christmas is coming fast, will you be having time off work or maybe have to work through? Wishing you and Tony all the very best for Christmas and the New Year.

Julie said...

Your trees and all your precious decorations are just beautiful Lou. Love everything! Wishing you a wonderful festive season 😊

AnnieO said...

Beautiful trees, love seeing all your pretty ornaments. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

kiwikid said...

Three beautiful and special trees, lovely to have the hand made ornaments on one. Great idea to make the decorations with the residents.

jude's page said...

Glad you had 3 lovely trees, it makes up for the none that I have put up!!

Chookyblue...... said...

I was so far behind I didn't even pull out my Christmas tree this year.......your decorations are so pretty......wonderful that floral lanterns paper kit arrived.........can't wait to see what fabrics you choose.......