Thursday 30 December 2021

The one that was delayed in the mail.

Santa surprised me this year.
He was a bit put out that this gift was the one that got held up in the COVID/Christmas delays. But it is here now and WOW! Santa did good.
As you know I have a Grace frame for quilting. I have not done a huge amount with it, I've pretty much mastered the meander and had a go at some custom quilting. I would love to have a go at some ruler work, so Santa bought me rulers, but they are thin rulers, for domestic machines. That's ok, he did not realise. Then yesterday, very early in the morning we heard a delivery van pull up outside our door, and this was delivered. Oh boy!
The starter set, for the Grace Company's Pattern Perfect system. 
It has eight quite basic designs, a great place to start .
It took very little time to get it set up on my frame. The templates have four patterns on each side and are very easily adjusted or turned over.
The stylus is also adjustable and slots into the grooves, just like the templates we used to have at school for practicing letters and patterns.
There are other pattern templates, a little more like pantographs and Santa knows that I would love some of those too, but he rightly thought that the starter set would do for now.
Of course it all came in a very sturdy box that was inspected
and repurposed very quickly.
I think she likes it.
I have a few quilt tops awaiting quilting, I'd better go find one and get it loaded up so that I can play.

 

10 comments:

Janet O. said...

Good Ol' Santa! Looking forward to seeing what you can do with this delayed gift!

ButterZ said...

You are so lucky. Can’t wait to see what you do with them.

Maria said...

I’m sure you’ll have lots of fun with Santa’s late delivery 🚚…..

Diane-crewe said...

wow! well done santa xx lol

Lin said...

I have to say I do not understand this one little bit but I am glad it finally arrived and that you are happy! xx

Jenny said...

Wonderful parcel, I'll be watching with interest how you get on. And of course your beautiful cat loves that box, after all, you got it just for her, didn't you?

jude's page said...

What a great gift idea from Santa, looking forward to seeing what you do with them now!! Have fun.

kiwikid said...

Woo Hoo! Santa did very well! Good to see the box has been repurposed so quickly!

Chookyblue...... said...

looking forward to seeing what you do with these.........would be wonderful to suddenly have something delivered........mostly I am hunting parcels down in town....

Janice said...

Have fun.