Tuesday 28 June 2022

Another squirrel.

 A couple of weeks ago, I was perusing pinterest, I was looking for a quilting pantograph design, but you know how it is, you click on one thing, then another and another and before you know it, you're down a rabbit hole. Well this particular rabbit introduced me to his pal the squirrel, who showed me pretty picture, with a linky. 
A year of Scrappy Triangles. That sounded very intriguing.
Oh Dear.
I just had to click on the linky.
I was taken eventually, to 
Look at that date! I'm very late getting to this party.
You would think there would be plenty of images of completed quilts by now.
But there were no images of finished quilts, just a promise of using up scraps. Still intrigued I signed up and received the promised email. (It landed in junk mail, just in case you decide to do the same).
A lovely welcome and 52 paper foundation blocks that I could print and use as often as I would like.
But still no images of completed quilts.
Oh well I thought, I'll just have to make a few and see how things turn out. I set about looking for fabrics to use as the main colour.........
That was the day the squirrel talked me in to making the Flutterby Bunny quilt. LOL
Yesterday was all about using some of these pretties.
For Christmas Ornaments.
So the scrappy Triangles had to wait for another day. This morning, I came across another email from the designer, once again in my junk mail, this time it was filled with images of beautiful quilts that people have made using her foundations, and a linky, to even more inspiration. Well that got the squirrel all fired up and it was time to make a start. Block one really did not take very long to make.
So I made three more.
And played about with some of the layouts I had seen in this mornings email.
Oh what fun. 
I could enjoy doing these at a block a week. 
I've already printed block two!
*
Do you remember the Morning Moon Fairies Quilt.
It gave me some issues early last year, but I revisited it in May of last year and completed the top.
It was put away to await quilting.
I pulled it out yesterday and hung it up at the end of my hall. It's there to greet anyone who comes through the front door, and also  so that I can see it and contemplate how I'm going to quilt it. I'd still like to do something special around the fairies, but I'm unsure what, I'm hoping some ideas will present themselves.
*
And finally..
My crochet ground to a halt last night.
Because someone moved in, and would not move on.
When I tried to shift things along a bit, she just turned around, gave me the eye and settled in even more.
Claiming squatters rights.
One spoiled rotten, happy cat.
She remained there purrring her furry RRRRRRs off until bed time.

12 comments:

kiwikid said...

Well that is another rabbit hole for me to disappear down, love foundation paper piecing, had better go explore!! Your cat looks so happy and relaxed, how could you move her on!! Lol!!

Jennifer said...

That's a fun triangle idea, definitely a rabbit hole.....how could you make such a happy kitty move!

Lin said...

Your triangles look like fun - I shall enjoy following your progress. Happy pussy!. xx

Jeanette said...

I didn't need more squirrels but now i'm intrigued. Off to investigate. Lol. Aww she looks so comfy there. Hugs,

Janice said...

It’s a veritable woodland at your place with all these squirrels and rabbits. I’ve seen those triangles mentioned. They look like fun, but no, I’m not going down that rabbit hole. I’m sure you will decide on something lovely for your fairies. Maybe take a photo and doodle on that for ideas? Your crochet rug is pretty. I do like the effect of the two tones of the same colour and then the row of cream. That light row really gives its lift.

Christine B said...

I can see that the new scrap project is going to make a beautiful quilt and I shall watch your progress with interest. I deliberately did not click on your link because I don't want to fall down that rabbit hole two weeks before I am due to move house!!! Fantastic will power for now! LOL Christine xx

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Don't you just love going down a rabbit hole haha~!
and your crochet - its pretty but the kittie is even cuter ;-) she needed you!!

Fiona said...

Thats a very easy squirrel to follow..... I collected that set of patterns and will do them sometime....
Hugz

Maria said...

Looks like a fun one to play with but I’m not going down that rabbit hole. Will enjoy watching your progress.
I’m sure you’ll be inspired to do with pretty on the Fairies 🧚‍♀️ now you can see them each day.
The crocheted rug is very comfy…

Rose Marie said...

LOL ..... that is a nice squirrel! I have all her blocks saved and one day ...... but no temptations, please! LOL

jude's page said...

I agree with Janice, take a photo and doodle your ideas on it, and leave it hang so that it will "talk" to you. Interesting scrappy triangles, I better not look at that website. Looks like a very contented cat.

Sharon Kwilter said...

That looks like a neat project; thanks for sharing the link.