Sunday 16 October 2022

Altruistic Aquisitions

But first, there is this.

I made another this way 'n' that quilt yesterday.  

An eye spy version this time, no two fabrics are the same. 
Now to quilt and bind it.
*
I went out today to a crafters sale.
The local Altrusa society appeal each year for craft items to be donated then hold a craft bazaar to sell it all off. I went along with a friend and we both came home with some good finds.
I scored two pieces of fabric that will be great for quilt backs..
A bundle of foodie fat quarters.
At $10 for the bundle it was a great score, I've seen fat quarters for sale at $9.50 each recently.
There are also two chocolatey bundles.
They are mostly off cuts in varying sizes, but the piece with writing on it is almost a metre.
I also grabbed a bag of zips and a couple of raffle tickets.
So glad I went along.
*
I'm off to hunt for a quilting design for my recent finishes. 
Hope you're having a great weekend. 

17 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Important to feed the stash once in a while!

Janice said...

Your second quilt top didn’t take long. Good scores at the craft stall. You’ll have fun playing with them all.

Janet O. said...

That design makes a fun "Eye Spy" quilt.
You made some lovely finds at the sale. I got a kick out of all the food-themed fabrics. :)

Lin said...

Great fins at your craft sale - I love the chocolatey script fabric. xx

Ondrea said...

Love your quilt! Great purchases especially the yummy choc and coffee fabrics. Backings a bargain too.

Barwitzki said...

New fabrics in the house are wonderful... what possibilities... I have so many projects in mind - unfortunately the day is so short! -
I wish you lots of fun quilting... it will be wonderful!
Good luck with your new projects :-)) too
Many greetings to you.

Jennifer said...

An easy fu design for a quilt! Well done on the new fabrics.....I like the foodie bundle.

Karen's Korner said...

Well done on your new fabric acquistions. Nice work on the quilt.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Nice shopping day with lots of beautiful fabrics. Lucky you.

Christine B said...

Like your finished quilt and some very pretty fabric finds! Christine xx

Maria said...

Another great quick finish , will it be quilted this weekend?
Nice pick ups at the craft bazaar…

Jenny said...

Didn't you do well with your fabric finds. The local Altrusa group occasionally has this sort of fabric fair up this way too, but not for a while now, usually wonderful bargains to be had.

Diane-crewe said...

Buying fabric and helping a good cause …. Doesn’t get any better x

jude's page said...

Great finds at the craft sale, look forward to seeing what you make with it.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Loulee, just read your last post as well. Love how you are using up your stash and scraps, etc. Lovely flimsies to show for it. I just read that jelly rolls are not consistently 2.5 inches and waver to 2 and 5/8 sometimes. Which I didn't know. I was planning a project for jelly rolls which I thought would be a solution to my accuracy issues. Sigh

Chookyblue...... said...

fun eye spy and a good find of the fabrics.......

dq said...

You faired well on your little shopping spree. I am always on the lookout for good prices for quilt backs too. Cute fat Qs!