Tuesday 11 October 2022

I have Amazing Colleagues.

As I'm sure you remember, one of my colleagues has given me bundles of fabric scraps in the past.
Yesterday, a different colleague surprised me with another bundle.
They were squished in to a plastic bag and it was hard to see what was there.
I didn't take pictures of everything, but I'm sure you can see that these scraps are not small pieces.
there were lots of checks and stripes, some florals and a few pieces of home spun.
There were some half meter cuts, a few fat quarter sized off cuts and lots of Debbie Mumm.
There was even a pre made block.
Hmm, a churn dash..... LOL
These fabrics are not something I would go and purchase for myself/
But sorting through them was certainly inspiring.
Something may come of them.
One of the pieces of homespun is a perfect fit for a piece of fabric I purchased off a specials table last week.
It goes beautifully with this butterfly fabric I purchased to make another work top. 
Thank you to my lovely colleague. I'm sure she may have been able to use some of these fabrics herself as she is pretty handy with a needle.
*
In other news. I have done very little in the way of sewing.
I did manage to put some of the back stitch in to my brothers regiment badge.
I've actually done more than this image shows. 
I'll be happy to get this one finished, I'm not enjoying it.
*
Spring has arrived here in New Zealand, though we did have one last dance with winter. After a couple of days with temperatures in the high teens and even a twenty the Southern continent sent us one last taste of cold with snow and hailstones even down here at sea level. As usual here in Timaru we missed the worst of it, but some places were hit quite badly.
So, now that is over we have been busy in the garden and the green house. Everything has been tidied up and veges are planted.
*
My studies have slowed down somewhat. It's difficult to concentrate with Tony home.
No, he has not yet secured another role.
That said we have had some very hopeful phone calls.
Keep your fingers and pins crossed for us.
*
I've tried some new recipes and very much enjoyed them, maybe I'll remember to take some photos and tell you more about those in another post.
I've also been relaxing and doing some reading.
*
Oh and the jury summons came to nothing. I was discharged before I even made it to the court house. LOL.
That is all of my news. I'm off to make some lunch.

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Our weather has been a bit up-and-down too, more so than usual for the time of year. What a fabric bonus....and I remember some of those Debbie Mumm fabrics, they were all the rage at one time.

Lynda said...

Oh I remember using loads of Debbie Mumm fabric when I first started quilting. The butterfly fabric will be a lovely work top.

Mystic Quilter said...

Sorry to hear about the redundancy issue for your husband, a very stressful time I'm sure. Fingers crossed that something will come along quickly. Love your butterfly fabric! That was some stormy blast we had a few days ago, thank goodness we seem to be back to Spring weather.

Lin said...

what a generous bag of 'scraps'! I love the butterfly fabric - it is going to make a super top. We had a beautiful sunny day here yesterday so made the most of it in the garden before we get more autumnal weather. Always interesting to contrast our weather with that of down under. xx

Janice said...

Knowing you, I’m sure you will make use of the fabric scraps. Our weather has been all over the place too. Typical spring, with an extra side of rain. Yes, we have everything crossed for Tony.

Christine B said...

How lovely to have a colleague who gave you some lovely fabric. Always nice to get a surprise. I will keep my fingers crossed for your husband. Hugs Christine xx

Maria said...

That Debbie Mumm fabrics is from a long time ago but I’m sure you’ll turn that pile of scraps into lovely projects.
It’s hard to work on something you no longer love, good luck getting it finished.
Fingers crossed for Tony…

Jenny said...

What a lovely and generous gift of all that fabric, rather like an early Christmas I would think.

Karen S said...

Looks like you will have lots to keep you busy with all those fabrics.
Enjoy the warmer days.