Sunday 23 October 2022

Zoom and a Lucy Update.

 Yesterday I zoomed with Chooky and the girls. Of course I spent the time working on my Lucy quilt.  She is getting quite heavy now as I add the final pieces around the edges so I took some time to remove papers. I have been removing as I go and reusing, but always leave them two or three deep around the edges.

Hmm, blogger is being an RRRRs about formatting today, it won't do things the way I like them.

So, with extra and unwanted spacings I'll move on to what Tony was up to while we sewed and chatted. He spent some time up a ladder, moving his weather station on to an old TV aerial pole. He's been going to do it for a few years. 

And because blogger is still being an RRRRs, next we have an image of the yummy chocolate cake he made. He was a little worried as he used too much flour. The recipe called for self raising, which we don't have, but he knew to add baking powder and googled the amounts, then got all confused and added double the recipe. LOL  He need not have worried, it was just fine. Gooey but not dense and very chewy and tasty.
And just look how thick the icing is.
He also made beans on toast for lunch and a very delicious sausage and gnocchi dish for our tea. Then for his finale he baked the perfect loaf of bread which he showed off to the ladies on line when it came out of the oven.
While he was doing all of that I was sewing and chatting and sewing and listening and sewing some more.
I was pleased to add the third corner to the edge of Lucy and worked all the way along one long side and had the forth and final corner almost complete before my poor wrist and hand decided that almost twelve hours of stitching was quite enough thank you.
Then I poured myself a gin and soda and chatted some more.
*
This morning Tony and I took Lucy outside for a photo shoot in the lovely sunshine. I know some of you folks in Australia would love to see weather like this and hopefully you will soon. It would certainly help to dry up all the flooding some of you are experiencing.
Anyway, back to Lucy.
The model was being uncooperative and insisted on holding Lucy sideways....
Then he said no, not under the tree...
Over by the flag pole would be better.
I disagreed, I thought the wind would blow it on to his legs.
But took some pictures anyway.
It's such a beautiful day I feel like I ought to be outside doing something.
But first a recent acquisition.
I spied the back of this cross stitch kit on a recent visit to the sewing centre, just some blue threads that caught my eye, when I turned it around I knew I had to have it. My lovely Mum loved badgers and it seems to have rubbed off on to me. 
I'm on a no spend at the moment until Tony finds another job, but as I had sold a couple of items at a recent guild meeting and had just the right amount in my purse, I decided it was meant to be and the badger came home with me.
*
Oh and while we were chatting in zoom yesterday we discussed how I might finish my Lucy Blue...
After a little internet window shopping this morning and a conversation with Tony, I have purchased some wide fleece to back her with. It was on special at half price. I'm still undecided on bagging out or binding.......
*
I'm off to play in the sun for a while.  Hope you're having a great weekend. 

17 comments:

Jeanette said...

Good to see you yesterday & to see/hear about Tony's cooking. Lucy is looking very lovely. Love the cross stitch you bought, it's beautiful.

Jennifer said...

Lucy is a lovely girl! I didn't get to zoom yesterday, it was my quilt group meeting day and I was all talked out by the time I arrived home. Tell Tony I am flying over for a piece of his cake, it looks delicious!

Ondrea said...

Lucy is beautiful! It must be wonderful having a hubby who bakes. Yummy cake . Missed yesterday, sorry.

Chookyblue...... said...

hmmmm hard work to find a compliant quilt holder.........Lucy is looking great you will have those last edge bits done in no time.......the cake looked good.......

Lin said...

You both had a very productive day, nice to be waited on too. Lucy is looking great. xx

Christine B said...

Lucy is looking fabulous Lou and Tony's chocolate cake looks really scrumptious. I couldn't make zoom this time so I have my fingers crossed that next time I am able to join! Have a lovely week! Christine xx

Janice said...

It was fun to hang out yesterday. Lucy is looking so good and Badger will be nice to work on.

dq said...

Oh my!! Lucy is beautiful! Congratulations!
The cake looks so yummy. What a guy you have!

Barwitzki said...

Many greetings to you, we had a wonderful weekend... and you did a lot in your sewing workshop... The blue ceiling is wonderful... flagpole or tree:-))... it stays great :-)) definitely.
Have fun with your badger... last November I was able to observe a badger in the November fog very close to me in the forest... I was very delighted. A badger looks beautiful.
Many greetings to you.

Barwitzki said...

Many greetings to you, we had a wonderful weekend... and you did a lot in your sewing workshop... The blue ceiling is wonderful... flagpole or tree... it stays great :-)) definitely.
Have fun with your badger... last November I was able to observe a badger in the November fog very close to me in the forest... I was very delighted. A badger looks beautiful.
Many greetings to you.

Annelein said...

Love to read all about your zoom experience. You did a lot of work. And the catering was great. It looks yammie. Love the photo of Lucy under the tree. Today I did a lot of handquilting and also had to stop. My elbow said no... it is enough. Lucy looks amazing. Love the blue fabric... although Im more a red girl (france general).

cityquilter grace said...

lucy is totally gorgeous!

Karen S said...

Your Lucy is looking stunning. I have really enjoyed watching the quilt top grow.

jude's page said...

Your top is looking amazing, luv blue and white, yummy cake

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Wow, that hubby of yours is definitely a keeper! He cooks and bakes too! All sound so yummy. Your finished top is beautiful. I clicked on the photos to have a good look. Yes, I agree, sometimes we are meant to run across just the thing and know it was meant to come home with us. That will be a meaningful stitch for you. We don't have badgers here but do have groundhogs which are similar.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Lucy is looking wonderful...of course I wasn't able to make zoom, again!grrrr...

Mystic Quilter said...

Gosh I'm so late in reading this post!! Stunning finish with your quilt and lucky to have a sunny day for photographs. Yummy looking chocolate cake too, lucky you having lunch and tea cooked also!