Thursday 2 February 2023

St Nick's progress

Well I don't have the virus yet! Tony is much improved, thank you for all your good wishes. He was able to help me in the garden for a while this evening, once things had cooled down a little. We got up to 29.9 C today. We could do with some more days like that to help ripen the chillies.
The plants are laden with huge fruit but it is all green. I picked some yesterday to use in a relish. Nine jars of lovely relish made and stashed away.
My two days off work are done, amid the chores, relish making, the gardening and looking after Tony I was able to sit and stitch for a good while on both days and made some great progress on St Nick.
Here he is last time I took his photo.
And this is how he looked when I put his cover on 15 minutes ago.
I'm almost done with the two pages that make up the centre of the chart.
I feel that I had a very successful couple of days stitching. I'm glad to get the garland done, there were lots of colour changes in there and there is more of the same to come as I stitch more toys and gifts in his sack.
Back to work tomorrow, but hopefully I'll make time for a few stitches too. 

15 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad to hear Tony is improving, Lou! St Nick is progressing nicely.....at this rate he will be done before you know it.

Jenny said...

I'm so pleased to read that Tony is much improved and that you are still testing negative.

Jeanette said...

Glad to hear Tony is improving. Yum chilli relish. I'm hoping the little plants that sprouted up on their own after the big chilli bush died will grow nicely & i will have chillies again. St Nick is looking good.

Mystic Quilter said...

Pleased to read that Tony is improving and fingers crossed that you don't come down with it!

ButterZ said...

Tony has got time to be fit and well for his travel over to here. Great progress with your stitching.

Lin said...

You have made great progress with St Nick. xx

Maria said...

Pleased Tony is feeling better and fingers crossed you don’t catch it.
Would you like what temp that was here today, 44deg. That’ll ripen your 🌶.
St Nicks looking great.

Christine B said...

Glad that Tony is feeling better and that so far you haven't succumbed... hope it stays that way! Great progress on the cross stitch. Have a lovely weekend! Christine xx

Tazzie said...

I'm so glad your hubby is starting to feel better. Fingers crossed you can keep the lurgy at bay. Hope you have a lovely weekend.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Fiona said...

Good to hear T is improving .... a couple of days at home is lovely to catch up on things...
Hugz

Karen S said...

Great to see progress on your stitching.
And stay well!!!!

kiwikid said...

Good to hear Tony is improving. Your cross stitch is looking amazing Lou.

Ondrea said...

Lovely cooking and stitching. I have missed a post but obviously hubby has been ill. Hope he is on the mend.

Raewyn said...

I hope you're still hale and hearty, Lou! You had a very productive few days off work, with the chilli making and stitching. It's nice to see Old Nick's face start to make an appearance :-)

Janice said...

It’s so good to hear that Tony is on the mend. St Nick is really starting to take shape now