Monday 13 February 2023

This n that.

I didn't do much stitching on St Nick this week. I did get a start on the next page though. He has a Christmas tree over his shoulder, so lots of swapping between greens.
I also finished the secret project, but plan to begin a new one today.
In my last post I mentioned making a Stirabout Rhubarb cake for Tony.
I think he likes it. He ate a quarter of it in one sitting!
If I make it again I need to tweak the oven temp and timing, it was getting a little dark around the edges, but still a bit moist in the middle. 
I really do not like rhubarb, so it is just for him. LOL
I do like tomato relish though and made another batch of that.
Looks like I need to get busy again, this was yesterdays pickings from the greenhouse.
Maybe these tomatoes will become soup for the freezer. 
Back to work today after my three day weekend. Although Friday and Saturday were both very busy days and we were out on both evenings I got to spend a lot of Sunday resting and sewing, so that was good. I do feel rested and ready to return to work.
If I want to play before I go to work today, I had better shift myself and get on with the chores. 

10 comments:

Jeanette said...

The cake looks yummy as does the tomato relish. Sadly my rhubarb hasn't grown very well so if i make anything with rhubarb i'll have to buy it. :(

Jennifer said...

That cake looks really good! I won't fight you for the tomatoes, though......I don't eat tomatoes.

Janice said...

You were productive in the kitchen. I must say that your tomatoes are looking much better than ours this year. I don't think we will even have enough to make any relish. I'm sure Tony won't mind that you don't want to eat any of the cake. All the more for him.

kiwikid said...

That cake looks wonderful and Tony obviously enjoys it! Your tomatoes are doing well, ours are suffering along, we have had about 8 tomatoes. Might get a few more. I bet your kitchen smelt great while the relish was cooking.

ButterZ said...

So when you use these tomatoes do you have to skin them how do you cook them….

Fiona said...

there is a lot of work in St Nick, cake looks good though like you rhubarb is not to my taste...
Hugz

cityquilter grace said...

gosh you did have a really busy weekend...lots of beauty and sights to see...love the photos...

Christine B said...

The cake looks fabulous and I love rhubarb! Hope you have a good day at work! Christine xx

jude's page said...

I'm with you, love tomato relish, but not rhubarb, your tomato harvest is good

Barwitzki said...

I'm so excited about your "Secret Project" :-)) The rhubarb cake looks delicious... I have to wait until May, then it's harvest time for it. I've also made rabarb jam for the last year... turned out really well.
Viele GrĂ¼sse zu dir von Viola. Greetings to you from Viola.