Saturday 25 March 2023

Quilting and more preserving.

Finally my secret stitching is done, and I can show off what I'm up to.
A video chat with Janice yesterday regarding a quilting set up very similar to my own got me in the mood for some quilting, on the frame.
Lucy Blue has been on the frame for weeks, waiting. And yesterday she finally got her turn.
Just a simple meander, nothing fancy.
The lovely curving, flowing almost serpentine line meanders in and out of the patches beautifully.
I did not get much done as it was quite late in the day when I started, but I'm hoping to get more done today, before DS Joe and his family arrive. 
Preserving season is not yet over. This morning I turned the latest batch of ripe chilli in to Cowboy Candy.
Or Candied Chilli Peppers!
The lids on these reused jars tell lies! There are habanero and a Carolina Reaper chilli mixed in with the milder, but still hot Wild Fire chilli.
I know Tony will enjoy them and we have friends who are waiting for them too. But they will have to wait a while longer, like most pickles, they are better if left to sit for a while. 

 

15 comments:

Janet O. said...

How exciting to see Lucy getting some quilting. I feel like I have watched that baby grow up!:)
Looks like you need a red marker to color in more chilis on those lids.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Loulee your secret stitching is looking fantastic ,lucky Tony and friends getting your homemade chilli ,hope you have a lovely weekend my friend 🌹🤍🌹

ButterZ said...

Hi Lou, you are having fun with those chillies. Good to see Lucy progress.

Jennifer said...

Lovely to see the next stage on Lucy! Enjoy your chilli.....don't worry about saving any for me...LOL

Fiona said...

Great to see Lucy blue is getting quilted.... it's going to be gorgeous...
Hugz

Lin said...

Nice to see Lucy being quilted. xx

kiwikid said...

Great to see Lucy being quilted. I am sure Tony and friends will enjoy those chilli's.

Maria said...

So good to get a start on Lucy Blues quilting.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

After seeing you stitch up Lucy during various zooms, I'm looking forward to seeing Lucy all quilted up. Those jars of chilli look good. You've had good crops this summer.

Raewyn said...

Lucy will be very pleased that you have got to her. And well done on the continuing attention to your preserves; your shelves must be bulging!

Ondrea said...

Wow! You Lucy will look gorgeous when it is finished. That quilting design looks great.

Janice said...

I can’t wait to see Lucy Blue all finished. The chillies look so colourful in their jars. Not something Mick or I would like.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

We love chutney and I’m sure yours would be delicious.and I bet these chillies would be delicious too. Such pretty stitching too on Lucy. Working out beautifully!

jude's page said...

Well done with the quilting Lou, you must have a good supply in your pantry by now.

Chookyblue...... said...

Glad to hear Lucy is being quilted........preserving queen!!!!!