Sunday 2 April 2023

Time out, hot stuff and very exciting news.

For anyone hoping to see a completed Lucy Blue quilt in the near future.
Don't hold your breath.
Things are not going to plan. She is not playing nicely and some strange bubbles and bobbles are appearing. I'm really not sure what is going on, but I do know I'm not happy.
So Lucy is in time out while I think about my options.
Persevere....
or pull her off the frame and reach for the ripper!
*
Meanwhile
*
Santa is being worked on and has grown a little, I'll get a pic soon but not much to show really as I'm working on a snow drift.
More preserving has been done. The Carolina Reaper Chili are coming along now and are making their way in to the cauldron. I made a special batch of Evil Habanero chutney and gifted a jar to some friends. Angela sent me a message a few days later telling me the men in her life had tried it, they had already taken several samples and seemed to be enjoying it but there were 'expletives'! LOL Apparently it's a hot one. 
Tony didn't try it yet, I wonder what he will make of it. 
I'll be making more of the evil stuff today, with a few reapers in it.
*
Three more shifts at work. Six more sleeps then Tony and I will be heading off to get on our plane to Sydney and just a few days after that.....
Scrub Stitchin'
EXCITED!
*
And on a very happy final note. Tony finally got a job back in his field of expertise.
He will start work in his new role when we get back from Australia.
He is a very happy man.

20 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is good news for Tony, he must be very relieved! Lucy is being a naughty girl. Enjoy your visit to Oz!

Jeanette said...

Oh no. I do hope you can get Lucy sorted without having to reach for the ripper.. Great news for Tony.

Jenny said...

Such great news, an Aussie holiday coming up fast, and Tony's new job!

Sharm said...

Oh no Lucy!! One day I hope to make it to scrub stichin lol - enjoy and have lots of fun!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

I'm sorry that Lucy is being a bit naughty. Good idea putting her in time-out for now.

How exciting that you'll be going to scrub stitching soon. Wish I could come along too, but kids and life won't allow it just yet. Possibly in a few years time.

If you end up anywhere near Wollongong/Shellharbour, let me know if you'd like to meet up.

Fiona said...

Oh no... so dissapointing about the quilting for Lucy - that is frustrating... Well done tony regarding the job... all the best...
Hugz

Pink Rose said...

Hi Loulee sorry to hear about Lucy not behaving herself.
Oh how exciting to be coming to Australia ,and well done Tony getting a new job ,happy Sunday Loulee 🌹🤍🌹

kiwikid said...

Great news about Tony's job - not long until we see you!!
Shame Lucy is not playing nicely.
Boy those chili must be super hot!!

Raewyn said...

Well done Tony - great news to hear he has a new job! Sorry to hear that Lucy is not behaving - ouch that would be a job and a half to unpick :-( Oh golly I hadn't done the count down but you're right...six more sleeps till I leave home, seven more sleeps till I leave NZ! Gulp.Woot woot

Susan said...

Congrats to Tony!

Hope you can sort out your quilting problem
See you soon!

Lin said...

Great news for Tony - and you! How annoying about Lucy, I wonder what is going on. xx

Maria said...

Good news that Tony has a new job to return to after your Aussie trip.

Oh no! Do hope you get LucyBlue organised.

ButterZ said...

Bugger about Lucy, Congratulations Tony ,that’s great news. So exciting to be travelling soon

jude's page said...

Congratulations on the job Tony. Sorry about your quilting on Lucy. Perhaps some time away will help. Not sure what to advise you. See you soon.

Mystic Quilter said...

Shame about Lucy Blue having to come off the frame, but obviously no other option, hope you can solve this quickly.
Always good to end with a few happy words, so happy to read that Tony now is back in a job! If you don't blog before your Australia holiday I hope you have a great time!

Ondrea said...

Congrats to Tony. Oh dear! Poor Lucy, poor you! So frustrating. I hope you stay covid safe on the plane and get to Scrubstitching.

Sandi said...

Congrats to Tony. Time out seems like an appropriate punishment for your quilt, hopefully it will behave better next time. Hot chillies - mmm not sure my taste buds would like that...lol definitely one for the menfolk. Enjoy scrub stitching.

Janice said...

What a pity Lucy isn’t playing nice. I’m sure you will sort something out. That’s the best new for Tony.

Rose Marie said...

Oh oh .... I can see why you are not happy ..... I wonder if a lot of that would mostly disappear once washed and dried?

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh bugger about Lucy.........sure hope that gets sorted out.....can't have her looking dishevelled.....
OMGOMGOMG nearly time for SS........see you soon........or maybe soon then planned......
Woohoo wonderful news for Tony.......