Friday 21 April 2023

Scrub Stitchin'. Part one, where to start?

As you can imagine, I took hundreds of photos. It's hard to know which ones to share!

There were three great long double rows of tables with I think about thirty sewers attending. Goodness it got noisy at times with everyone chattering happily away while they were sewing, pressing and cutting. 
Of course blogger has mixed up all my images so there is no particular order here.

There were many, many starts, lots of progress shots and plenty of finishes too.


Some finishes were faster than others. 

Some projects barely got off the ground. 


There were some very inspirational pieces dotted around the room and more appeared as time went by.



A trip around the world seemed appropriate given how far some of the international ladies had travelled. 
Friday dress up night was great fun.
Sylvia took the prize for her outfit. So much imagination and effort!

All the internationals and Chooky.


The dining tables were decorated with native florals and greenery.

It seemed like there was food every five minutes.
 and through it all I even managed to sew six of the eight rows that make up my Anchor quilt top.
There is more to come....

8 comments:

ButterZ said...

I do love the colours you have used in your anchor quilt. It is a great design. You have shared some wonderful moments and have lovely memories. So happy you could come and we got to meet.

kiwikid said...

6our anchor quilt is stunning Lou, was great to meet you you Tony and enjoy Scrub Stitching together.

jude's page said...

It was great to meet all the international girls, after only 'meeting' on zoom, although felt like we knew each other.

Janet O. said...

I really appreciate your photos. Makes me feel like I was there. :)
Your Anchor quilt is incredible. I swear the anchor is sparkling.

Chookyblue...... said...

your title says it all........where to start?
I think that is what I have also struggled with as so much in so few days......
So many wonderful photos......and yes well that quilt did barely get off the ground......I lost momentum........

dq said...

Your anchor quilt was GORGEOUS!!

Janice said...

A great summary of the retreat.

Raewyn said...

So nice to be catching up on my blogreading and re-visit our time through your story telling. Always nice to see photos slightly different from those that have already ben shown!