Friday 21 April 2023

Scrub Stitchin'. Part Three, the shopping....

 Of course there was shopping!

It started before we even left NZ. With time to spare at the airport I perused the book store and found a couple of good reads.

I did not have the thread I would need for my project, so Janice took me to spotlight to get those and also for some retail recovery therapy after our flight.

Some fabrics and a cross stitch kit also fell in to my basket. LOL

I had arranged with the lovely Jude to have some of her fabrics delivered.

A cute bundle of Poppy fabrics and one of her ready set sew cases.

Sew Cute. Thank you Jude.
And Raylene, I'm sure you had a hand in packaging everything in to that cute case.
And finally The Crafters Cottage store from Coonabarabran had a wee portion of the store set up in the corner with lots of lovelies for sale. As soon as I saw these turtles I knew a kit had to come home with me.
It is difficult to get a good photo of all the beautiful colours in the package.
The kit even included all of the different thread colours that will be used.
Janice and I visited the store. 
Oh My Goodness, it is beautiful and well worth a visit.
*
That's it, all of my shopping acquisitions.
Very restrained I think....







9 comments:

ButterZ said...

Those turtles were very popular as were Jude’s cases and precuts. How much easier does that make it for us.
You were on holidays , of course, you will shop.
Good to see you enjoyed the shopping.
Also, it was great meeting you and Tony.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful shopping Lou, always good to find different things while away.

jude's page said...

Of course you had to do some shopping to take home. When we went to the USA I bought an extra suitcase as well as posting a box back home!

Susan said...

I fell for the turtles too - just the pattern though.

Lovely purchases and good to help the AU economy!!! LOL

Janet O. said...

Wow--you scored! And I have to say that I adore that sea turtle quilt. I hope you share it when you get to it (If you are like me, I just collect the kits and apparently never make the quilts). :)

Chookyblue...... said...

can't wait to see the sea turtle quilt come to life.....you and Gail can work along together.....lovely fabrics in it........

dq said...

The Turtle Mandola - oh yeah. You had to have that one. I just drooled.

Janice said...

Some lovely treasures there.

Raewyn said...

Great shopping! I look forward to seeing the Turtles grow. I may have shopped a wee bit too but my suitcases were already overfull (I brought too many projects to work on!!!!!! Rooky mistake!) so tried to be very subdued. I should have got a suitcase project - they looked like fun :-)