Monday 24 April 2023

Anchors Aweigh.

We are slowly returning to normal here after our fantastic holiday.
We arrived home on Wednesday evening and from our kitchen window we could tell that the chilli peppers in the greenhouse had ripened.  So Thursday morning after a positive Covid test I ventured in to the greenhouse with a large bowl to collect my harvest.
There was over a kilogram of ripe chilli and a return visit on Saturday yielded another 300 grams.
As you can guess, I've been busy making evil chilli chutney and cowboy candied chillis.
A positive note on Covid, the steam given off by the cooking chilli didn't affect me as much as usual. LOL
Although I seem to have a mild dose the virus is still wiping me out, I'm needing nana naps every day and they are quite long, 2-3 hours! So not much time for crafting, but I have been doing a little. My cross stitched blob has grown a bit.  Today I'm feeling a lot brighter and spent the morning in my happy room, getting the final two rows on to my retreat project.
Tula Pink's Anchors Aweigh sewn in beautiful blue and grey batiks.
It was a lovely project to work on, both at retreat and here at home. I took advice from experienced retreaters and took the kit all pre cut and labelled in little bags, that made things very easy once I got settled in and sewing. 
I feel almost sad that it is finished, what will I do now? LOL
I'm sure I'll think of something, but right now I need a nap.

16 comments:

dq said...

No way, I didn't realize the anchor was a Tula Pink pattern. I just love it!!

dq said...

By the way, I didn't realize the covid had found you finally. For me, it was still worth it.

ButterZ said...

So many were hit with the dreaded “C” but hope you are feeling better now. That is a fantastic quilt pattern. I’m sure those chillies could clear any disease.

Jeanette said...

Love the anchor, it's spectacular.

Lin said...

Your anchor does look splendid. Such a shame about the covid but at least you got it after and not before!! Hope you feel better soon. xx

jude's page said...

Good to see your finished anchor!! Hope you are feeling better, I didn't think I got it bad either, but now feel like I have been run over by a steam roller, so not much is happening here at the moment.

Chookyblue...... said...

great to see the anchor done......hope your feeling better pretty soon.....

Susan said...

It looks great all done - the shading is really good - wise decision I think to get a kit - let someone else do the hard work.

Julie said...

Your anchor looks wonderful Lou. I think I saw it over on Raewyns blog. The Retreat sounded so amazing & a great time had by all. I am sorry to read you have Covid - I hope it passes by real quick. Yes I slept alot when I had it at the end of last year. Take care Lou. xx

Maria said...

The Anchor flimsy looks fantastic!
Sorry you got covid, hope you’re feeling better soon.

Janice said...

I love how your quilt top turned out. I’ve seen other versions and I think your colours suit it by far the best. I hope you get over the bug quickly.

cityquilter grace said...

such a lovely anchors aweigh! sorry about the covid...great posts from SS retreat...safe to say everyone had a blast...

Rose Marie said...

Sorry to hear about Covid but doing up those chilies will have given you some comfort. Your anchor quilt is gorgeous and at first I thought you had used a metallic fabric.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Beautiful Anchors Aweigh...I didn't realize this was one of Tula's either till I read about it in an earlier post. Glad you are home and settling back...hope the covid is mild and you are in top shape in no time.

kiwikid said...

Love the anchor quilt, hope you are feeling much better now, the body lets you know when you need to take it easy! Well done with the chilli's.

Raewyn said...

Sorry, you commented to me that you had also succumbed to Covid but I didn't follow it up with a "Hope you're doing ok reply". Glad it helped in the chilli making stakes though!! Your Anchors Aweigh is a great sew. I wish I'd done more prep before SS like you did but I just ran out of time. Maybe I should start planning for next time now, and then I might get it done!