Thursday 25 May 2023

Acquisitions and a new start.

 As I mentioned in my last post, our recent bus trip was not all about Rachael's exhibition, there were also shopping opportunities. Our first stop was just a short distance up the road at the Pin Tin in Geraldine, where I purchased this half jelly roll in Kiwi fabrics.

I'll make a small jelly roll race style quilt with it, for donating.
Next was the op shop where I met that cute and very friendly kitty cat. Some of the ladies found treasure, I was happy to cuddle the cat.
Speaking of cats, after visiting the exhibition we stopped at Annies Country Quilt store where I found this wee hanger for the amazing kitty in a box quilt that Janice gifted to me on our recent visit.
Not quite the hanger I wanted, but better than no hanger at all. 
It was good to get kitty up on to the wall. I think he needs a name. And I'm thinking Jack, because he is in a box! 
Also at Annies I found a lovely bag pattern.
Looks like a good one for using up some pretty scraps. 
*
The other day I had a big tidy up in my room as it was a mess, goodness knows how, I haven't been in there much to mess it up! Once I was done, I was going to make a wee scrappy quilted mat/pot holder for in the kitchen but that plan went out the window somehow and I found myself playing with the ready set sew kit that Jude was good enough to bring along to Scrub Stitchin' for me.
I just love the wee case it came in.
Inside was everything I need to make up a cute scrappy style quilt top.
All the fabrics are precut. No measuring, mathematics or cutting required.
So I started sewing.
In two short sessions before work, over two days....
All of the HSTs in the case were sewn together. Later today I'll have a read of the pattern that was included and start the next step. It will be good to sit and sew for a while. I've had a busy morning. 
One very important job that needs doing to to ensure I have projects prepped for Zoom stitching on Saturday. I've taken a day off work, especially so I can join in.
Maybe I'll see you there. 

13 comments:

Jeanette said...

The hanger is cute as is the bag. Love the case & look forward to seeing the quilt you are making.

kiwikid said...

Jude has very cute bags for her projects. You ave done well with the HST's, great shopping.

Lin said...

Jack in the box is cute and the bag pattern looks great - I do love a nice bag! Have fun with your HST's. xx

Karen S said...

Looks like some fun shopping.
And lots of fun with the HSTs.

Jennifer said...

Love your kitty in its box! Some fun stitching, too.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

What a marvelous project and I too adore the wee tin. Perfect. The kitten in the box is adorable.

Jenny said...

Love that cat in a box wallhanging!

Fiona said...

Always fun to get some acquistions home.... happy sewing
Hugz

Maria said...

The small jelly roll will make a good donation quilt quickly.
Sweet bag pattern.
Oh I have that cute little case but so far I’ve just enjoyed looking at it.
Look forward to seeing your quilt when complete.
Hope to pop in to Zoom tomorrow…

Janice said...

It’s good to see you hanging out in your sewing room. Jack seems an appropriate name for the kitty. We’ve baked the birthday cake for tomorrow. Just have to ice it. I’ll be knitting. See you in the morning.

Susan said...

Jack is a great name!

I love how Jude packages her little kits...

I'll see you in Zoom - great that you are able to take a day off work - and justifiably so!

dq said...

You definitely found some nice treasures. It sounds like you had a lovely time.

Raewyn said...

That looks like a different kiwiana jelly roll to ones I've seen before - I'm looking forward to seeing it when it's opened and you're sewing it! Cute little hanger for Jack. Jude's kits look so good - were the triangles cut as well? Lucky you being able to rearrange your work for a day of zooming!