Sunday 28 May 2023

Zooming along.

Chooky convened another meeting of the Chookshed Stitchers on Saturday. We all gathered on zoom to celebrate 11 years since the Chookshed was installed in her garden. 
Although I do have a project set aside as my zoom project, it really is not calling to me and I had a few other things lined up for my attention. Firstly I had some small quilts waiting for their binding to be stitched closed.
Firstly a coffee mat, for the coffee machine to sit on.
Next up was another small quilt for the kitchen, this time something to protect my new frying pans.
It turned out a little larger than needed. I must have remembered the numbers wrong. LOL
Better too big than too small. 
Both of those projects were made using up scraps and off cuts.
Next up, more binding, this time a UFO. I finally got the binding on to my Frivol. 
Another item checked off the list. 
Then I picked up my cross stitch Lorikeets. I had decided that as I had worked on them at Scrub Stitchin' I should make a note of that fact.
I'll leave them in this hoop and add a felt backing. 
Tada!
Ready to hang.
I also did some crochet for a while. My little white and pink blanket is growing.
Then the call of EPP grew strong and I collected up some papers and more fabric scraps.
Then cut and glued, making a little pile of 2 inch hexies ready to sew together. 
As always it was great to spend time with like minded people. We cut and sewed and chatted the day away. It was a great day.
Thank you Chooky. 





 

19 comments:

kiwikid said...

You did so much Lou, I was a late comer yesterday. Love your lorikeets.

Jeanette said...

Lovely projects. It was nice to see you on Zoom.

Jennifer said...

You have certainly been busy, Lou!

Susan said...

It was a fun productive long day - not sure how Chooky managed it from 6 AM!!

You got through a lot! Love hoops for finished cross stitches - so much cheaper than framing.

Ondrea said...

So many gorgeous projects! Looking forward to see what the hexies grow into. Love your crosstitch and a great idea putting felt on the back. I have never thought of that.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

You managed to get lots done yesterday. I love that idea for protecting your new frying pans. I have a new set of Tefal pans that I keep in the pantry so they don't get scratched (or used by the kids) and we always seem to just end up using the old ones.

Lin said...

Lots of nice finishes, the Lorikeets look great and I love the colours of your pan protector, good idea. Always nice to see some hexies. xx

ButterZ said...

Wow you achieved so much. Well done.

ButterZ said...

Sorry Lou.What was the site for the crochet patterns. I love your blanket.

Rose Marie said...

You had a lot going on that day! The birds are sweet and nice that you were able to finish it during our zoom meeting.

Chookyblue...... said...

You got lots done on Saturday.,... Always great to catch up on zoom with the Chookshed stitchers again......,

ButterZ said...

I do also like the pot dividers. I should do this as I just use tea towels.

Janet O. said...

Look at all you accomplished! Impressive!
But I laughed when I saw that the call of EPP finally got to you. No surprise there. :)
It was fun to visit. Wish I could have been on longer. Wasn't sick in a way I could put my finger on, but felt drained and when I left the group early (for me), I slept for about 10 hours straight. I never do that.

Raewyn said...

Fabulous! Such a productive day! I love how you added the label to your Lorikeets.

Mystic Quilter said...

Good idea for the little protective quilts, neat that you have the vegetable fabrics! Crochet - wish Mum had taught me to do this, I must find a suitable instruction book and have a go - in between all my quilting projects, I see that you're also working on hexies - a quilt in the making?

Janice said...

You should be very pleased with how much you achieved on the day.
Now you have hexies to stitch together next time. It was a fun zoom day. Nice to see you there.

Denice Barker said...

I was sorry to miss the birthday zoom, but it was also PHs birthday and we were out of town. You got so much done! I, too, like the idea of the pot dividers, I keep my cast iron pans divided with paper so something like this would hit the spot. Hope to make the next zoom!

dq said...

I love the photo of the hexies all stacked up!

jude's page said...

One of these days, perhaps I will stay all day and achieve something!