Wednesday 3 May 2023

Moda Love

 I took a cute mini charm pack and some coordinating fabrics all the way to Baradine with me. They stayed in my bag the entire time. I did look at them once, but didn't even take them out of the bag. Never mind, they finally had their day last week. Well two days actually. The mini charm pack is  Summer Breeze by Moda of course.
There were a few mini charms left over after I had finished the main block, so I whipped them in to a quick nine patch. I did think I might make the Moda Love block in to a bag panel, so the nine patch would make a cute coordinating pocket.  But thinking and buying some more coordinating fabric was as far as I got. 
*
The chilli plants continue to keep me busy.
*
Tony is settling in well at his new job and comes home smiling each evening.
It's good to see him happy.
*
Covid was, I have to say easier to live with than the illness I had while I was at Baradine. It really wasn't much to slow me down, except for one day. On day 5 I felt like I had been hit by a bus and just wanted to sleep. But that was it, just one day. I'm all good now and back at work.
*
I've also been picking away at two cross stitch projects, more about one or both of those soon. I also have photos of our final two days with Janice and Mick as our tour guides, they were splendid, I'll get to them soon I promise. 

16 comments:

Alison said...

Good to see you post again Lou. I was getting concerned as you are such a regular.

Great news about Tony's job.

Susan said...

Good to see ModaLove got its day to shine...lovely collection...will be a bag to bring back great memories.

dq said...

Gorgeous gorgeous block and fabric! That fabric even makes the little,9 patch block look amazing.

I am happy to hear Covid didn't set you back.

Jeanette said...

Cute Moda love quilt. Glad you are feeling better & good news about Tony & his new job.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

So happy for your hubby! That is such a pretty block and I'm trying not to look at it too long. Looks like a good one for EPP...

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your little charm quilt is adorable!

Rose Marie said...

Glad you tackled your Moda Love .... mine is still in a pile waiting. Such good news about your Covid recovery and Tony!

Chookyblue...... said...

That's a lovely version of moda love......
And I'm glad you weren't too sick with the bug.......

Jenny said...

I'm so pleased that Tony is happy and smiling with his new job. It's no fun going to work somewhere if you are not happy there. You must be the Queen of Pickles I think!

Fiona said...

YOur Moda love quilt is gorgeous... glad you are feeling better and well done tony....
Hugz

Janice said...

Other than one day feeling like you were hit by a bus, all seems well on your side of the ditch. I’m glad Tony is settling in well at his new job and those chillies didn’t go to waste. I look forward to seeing what you do with your cute Moda Love.

Radka said...

Glad you are feeling better :-)

Karen S said...

Great way to use those mini charms. The block looks great.

ButterZ said...

Glad it’s going well for Tony. Nice work on Moda and you are making heaps with those chillies.

Raewyn said...

Glad to hear your covid experience wasn't too nasty. So good to hear that Tony is enjoying his new job - doesn't that make such a difference! Your Moda Love looks great...I imagine that using charms would make the perfect sze piece for a bag.

jude's page said...

Love your cute little Moda Love quilt, and so pleased that Tony is enjoying the new job.