Thursday 13 July 2023

Life is still getting in the way.

Life continues to keep me busy, but I am managing to make time to stop and relax here and there.
I joined in with a zoom session last weekend, with Chooky and the girls. I had a new cross stitch project, I'll get a pic of that soon. I've also managed to get myself back on track with my crochet project and have begun the final border rounds, I'll get a pic of that soon too.
I also managed to squeeze in a little time in the sewing room and started to put together some placemats for Torstein.

I didn't manage to quilt and bind them yet, hopefully I will find time to get at least one completed before he visits again on Sunday.
And last but not least, meet Miss Molly.
Joe and Lee are getting married late next year and guess who is making THE dress. LOL
Poor Lee she had seen a dress that she loved but in her words, 'we could never afford it'. So I said that if she found a pattern for it, or another that she liked I would make it for her. When Tony saw this mannikin for sale on a facebook page he thought it might be useful.
Oh yes!
Well, that's my news, brief as it is. Hope you have a good weekend.

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm sure Torstein will love his placemats....little guys like their own stuff. Well done on making THE dress, I haven't done one of those for many years!

Lin said...

Fun placemats Lou and how exciting - a wedding and making the dress! Love Miss Molly. xx

Maria said...

Hope you do get one placemat finished before Torstiens visit…
Look forward to seeing you making the special dress .
One day I’ll be able to join in for a zoom session.
Last was way too early for me. 🥲

cityquilter grace said...

good golly a very useful miss molly! i made a wedding dress and veil once...enjoy...

Janice said...

I’m guessing Torstein will go home a bit chirpier this week. The placemats look great. Yes, Miss Mollie will be rather handy.

Fiona said...

Lovely blocks coming together for Mr T.... well done for the offer for the wedding dress... great project
Hugz

Raewyn said...

Oh that thing called life getting in the way all the time! I hope you've found the time to finish Torstein's placemat for today :-) How exciting to have a wedding coming up and for you to be making THE dress.

Ondrea said...

Oh my! You must be a very talented gal to make that dress! How wonderful! Placemats will be well used . Looking forward to seeing your crosstitch. I am thinking of ordering one with cats on it.

dq said...

Wow! A wedding dress. I could never have the confidence to do that. Way too go! I look forward to seeing it come together.
Enjoy your busy life.

kiwikid said...

Sounds like you are very busy. The placemats are looking good. Wow a wedding dress!!

Mystic Quilter said...

The mannikin is a godsend for dressmaking isn't it? Perfect if you're making a wedding dress. Jumping ahead here I see the placemats are now finished, perfect fabric for a little boy.

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG making a wedding dress........your braver then me..........goodluck.......
yes life is interrupting us for sure........
nice to see you on zoom..........working tomorrow?