Monday 3 July 2023

A Happy Girl.

I really did not intend to allow two weeks to go by without writing a blog. I'm not being terribly productive at the moment, so don't have a great deal to write about, but last week I spread out my crochet project to get a photo of that and discovered that I had made mistakes on both sides at the ends of the rows and it was becoming narrower and narrower! So I rip, rip, ripped about a third of it out. So frustrating. I'm now back on track and managing to keep the edges straight. I'll get a photo soon. 
If you remember in my last post I showed a quick quilt top that was being made for Miss Charmaine. She had requested it for her birthday, she particularly wanted a nice fluffy back.
I think she is very happy with it, that is one very big smile.
She asked Daddy to wrap her up like a burrito. 
The back is a piece of fluffy fleece in pink with rainbows all over it. 
Mr Torstein had only just woken from his nap and was unimpressed.
He didn't eat his tea, not even his slice of birthday cake and ice cream, he told us Dandan (Grandad) could have his! He just wanted to play with his truck. When home time came he became quite sullen as Charmaine ran to the car with her quilt and he didn't have anything. 
Hopefully I can get myself back into his good books next time he visits.
Debbie and I had a quick shopping trip the other day and with Debbie's help I was able to find the perfect fabric.
I plan to make some place mats. One to use at Nanny's house and one to take home.
Now to find the right fabrics to make some for big sister too. 
That's it, that is all of my news for now hopefully I'll be back soon with something to show. 



 

16 comments:

Jennifer said...

A well appreciated quilt, for sure! Placemats are a good idea.

Jeanette said...

Looks like it is a loved gift from the big smile. Placemats are a great idea.

kiwikid said...

Love the happy smiling face and the unicorn headband! Great fabric for the placemats, hopefully that will restore Torstein good outlook.

Lin said...

One very happy young lady! Love the digger fabric. What a shame about the crochet, always annoying to find a fault late in the day. xx

Barwitzki said...

Thank you for your beautiful photos... what a smile :-)
Such a wonderful quilt you sewed... gorgeous.
Have fun with your new projects. I have blue on the "tailor" table... I still have to decide - top or summer dress.
A hug to you.

dq said...

I guess if you make one for one then you have to do it for them all. He will love the trucks.
So sorry to hear about your afghan. Ugh!

ellen said...

Lou, you know we all, including you are allowed times of no sewjo and little if anything to blog about. I am sure you will get going again when the time is right!
And don't forget, you got the wonderful patchwork quilt finished on time for Charmaine!

Jenny said...

Ooops, guess the little grandson was a bit miffed with his big sister. Hopefully the new placemats will make him smile again.

Fiona said...

So sweet to see her big smile at her new quilt.... perfect fabric for Mr T...
Hugz

cityquilter grace said...

smiles are the best payment for gifted quilts....adorable kiddos indeed!

Janice said...

Charmaine does look rather pleased with her gift. I’m sure those placemats will put a smile on Torstein’s face. Great fun fabric.

Maria said...

Charmaine sure had a beautiful big smile 😃 after receiving her quilt….
I’m sure you’ll be in the good books again when Torstein gets his truck placemats….

jude's page said...

I am sure you will get a smile when you get the next projects done.

Chookyblue...... said...

one very happy girl........

ButterZ said...

Oh they keep us so busy. Never a dull moment.

Raewyn said...

It looks like a very happy girl alright - well done on getting the quilt made for her. (And the backing sounds delicious!)