Monday 31 July 2023

More placemats, more crochet and an award.

I got Charmaine's placemats completed in time for the family visit on Saturday.  She had selected a lot of scraps and as I sorted through them I came up with a plan.
It really didn't take me long to put them together and add the chocolate brown border. I used off cuts of polyester batting and some black homespun off cuts  to layer them.
I kept the quilting very easy using my stitch in the ditch foot.
Charmaine was very happy with them and delighted when I said she should take two of them home. 
With those complete I've pulled Jude's ready set sew kit back out of it's box and made a little more progress there.
I'm also making progress on my latest crochet project.
It is very cosy to sit under this while I work in the evenings. 
I promised a picture of the yarn cakes I'm using, I like that they are variegated and I don't need to do any counting or thinking about when to change colour.
My cross stitch dinosaur has grown a little, I worked on it on Saturday during a zoom session with Chooky and the ladies. I'll get an updated pic soon.
And finally for today I'm very proud to say that I entered a jar of my relish in to a competition over the weekend and won a prize. 
I always knew that my Possums pickle was a great recipe.
That's my news. I hope you had a great weekend. 

12 comments:

Fiona said...

The placemats worked out great.... I have to admit I like the fabric/quilted ones best and use them every day. The blanket is looking great - as you say the yarn is just perfect... and well done on the relish... yummo

Hugz

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on your win! You will have to charge more for a jar now....LOL

Lin said...

Congratulations on your pickle win. The placemats turned out great and the crochet works well with that variegated yarn. Another zoom I missed. xx

dq said...

Wow! Congratulations on the recipe. It seems like most quilters are also great cooks. I would rather sew.

You have been very busy with a variety of projects. Great work!

Susan said...

Congrats on the win!!!

The rug is looking lovely - very cosy on a cool night.

Rose Marie said...

Well done you and congrats on your win! Your crochet project looks nice and cosy!

Raewyn said...

Well done on getting the placemats finished in time for Charmaine's visit - I can see why she was delighted with them :-)
It looks like I missed you on zoom the other day but good to see you were there.
I've used yarn cakes for a afghan in the past and loved the same aspect - no thinking required!!!
Congratulations on your Relish award yum yum.

Jenny said...

Congratulations on winning a prize for Possums Pickles, I remember that you gave us a jar some years ago when we came visiting. It was very tasty indeed. Your granddaughter will be pleased now that she has her own placemats, especially as she helped pick the fabrics with you.

kiwikid said...

Well done with the table mats, they look great. Love the crochet, and the changing colours. Congratulations on your prize, well done!!

cityquilter grace said...

congrats on the prize...

Christine B said...

Congratulations on the award-winning chutney! Love the crochet project, it's lovely when you can just sit and crochet without having to count stitches! The yarn is lovely! Hugs Christine xx

Chookyblue...... said...

Good to see the placemats finished....... Lovely to see you on zoom.....