Tuesday 18 July 2023

Two finishes, or is it four?

 I finished my wee crochet throw. Just two colours using the Cosy stripe pattern from Attic 24

I do like this design, it's simple, good mindless stuff for the evening in front of the TV.
I had to put a little more thought in to the edge, but once I had made a decision it was pretty easy stuff too. No pattern for that I just winged it! And I'm happy with what happened. LOL
The children seem to like it too, they pulled it out and played with it on Sunday very happily.
The other finish, or is it three? Is Torstein's placemats.
I think he rather likes them, I heard him telling Grandad about all of the different trucks and what they do. I was very impressed with excavator!! He is not even three yet and he not only managed to say the word, but he knows what it does.
As you can see, no fancy quilting and they are backed with the same fabrics I used on the fronts.
I have about a fat quarter of trucks left and some cuts of the matching fabrics. They may turn up elsewhere. For now three is enough. One to keep and use here at Nanny's house and two to take home. 
Now his sister wants place mats. I'll have to see what I can come up with. LOL
That's me, that's all my news. 
I'm off to cross stitch, maybe I'll have a photo of that next time. 

16 comments:

Jeanette said...

The rug is lovely. Looks like a nice pattern. Cute placemats.

kiwikid said...

Lovely crochet blanket Lou and the placemats are pretty special too. Amazing what kids can learn when they are fascinated with a subject.

Lin said...

Pretty throw and the placemats are obviously a great success! xx

Raewyn said...

Well done on your finishes, Lou. The crochet afghan is lovely and the edging finishes it off well. Sometimes there's nothing better than a bit of mindless crochet in the evenings! It sounds like the placemats turned out perfectly for Torstein - lucky wee boy:-)

Jennifer said...

Well done on the crochet finish......little boys do love big mechanical things, don't they!

dq said...

Torstein's placemats will make clean up easier after him. I like that you made some for his house and yours.

The afghan is so so pretty and dainty looking! Yes, crochet is relaxing if you don't have to count too much.

Jenny said...

Such a pretty crochet blanket, I really admire people who can crochet so beautifully. The placemats turned out great, and of course his sister wants some too. I'm sure you will come up with something special just for her.

cityquilter grace said...

your grand has very discerning taste...you are truly blessed to have such joy in your life...cute placemats too

Janet O. said...

I'd say they are your finishes--count them however you like. ;)
Very soft and delicate looking throw.
Cute placemats. I can't imagine a two-year-old being able to name those trucks and tell what they do.
I'll be interested to see what "sister" gets as placemats.

Karen S said...

The crochet throw is delightful. Great idea to use the two colours as it works really well with that pattern.
The placemats look great and obviously were well received. Perfect.

Susan said...

Isn't it amazing what the little ones get in to...my Grandson loves garbage trucks

Gorgeous crochet. good to experiment with patterns....

Janice said...

I’m glad Torstein likes his placemats. The diggers will keep him entertained at meal time. The rug has turned out so well. Having just the two colours really let the stitches shine.

Tazzie said...

Beautiful finishes, you are so speedy! I love the crochet blanket, it's so very pretty.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Rose Marie said...

Your blanket is lovely and those place mats are a hit!

Ondrea said...

Isn't it funny how boys seem to love and know everything about diggers and trucks! They can remember and pronounce every dinosaur too! My grandsons are the same. Love your crochet and the placemats are great.

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh I would be counting it as 4 finishes.........well done