Tuesday 17 October 2023

Quilted and bound.

While zooming with Chooky and the ladies at the weekend I worked some more on my EPP on Sunday morning.
I took a break at lunchtime to do a few jobs and get something to eat, when I joined the group again I was loading the challenge quilt on to the frame, so mostly just listened to the talk for a while. The zoom session ended while I was still loading the quilt. Next I got busy with the quilting. It really did not take long to complete. I was using a very simple edge to edge called Peaks by Kerryn Emmerson which I have used before. In no time it seemed I was taking it off the frame again and out came the phone for pictures.
You can't really see the quilting on the back, but I'm showing it anyway as it is such a lovely fabric.
I used the trimmings from the back to make the binding and sewed it on before taking another break to prepare and eat tea. Then spent the evening closing the binding by hand and adding my Loulee label.
Then it was bedtime.
Yesterday morning I was outside bright and early for a photo shoot.  The sun wasn't even properly up yet and the trunk of old man tree was still in the shadow of the house.
So I went around back to see if the cherry trees had better light and got this beautiful picture on the small cherry tree.
You can see the butterfly net over my brocolli plants too. LOL
Sadly neither on my trees produces edible cherries. They are small and bitter, even the birds don't seem to bother with them. They do have the most beautiful flowers though. My neighbour sends me a picture every year as she gets a better view of them than we do. LOL
Back to the quilt.
It's not a show stopping award winner but will swell the numbers to be judged. Last year there were only 4 items entered.
*
So what is next?
I still have some work to do on St Nick, I have an advent calendar panel that has been folded layered and pinned for weeks and thew dinosaurs are still calling to me. 
Right now I'm off to find some lunch then take myself out the door for my life saver training.
I hope your day has more sewing and less resus Annie. 

15 comments:

Alison said...

Always so good to have a finish - done before you got bored. It’s very cheery.

Jennifer said...

Well done - a very pretty quilt, looks lovely among the cherry blossoms.

kiwikid said...

Well done on the finish Lou, it looks fantastic. Sounds like you have busy times coming up.

Lin said...

Nice to get that finish out of the way - looks lovely in your photo shoot. Missed out again on the zoom - realised when I found Chooky's email that I din't have zoom on my new computer. All sorted now tho. xx

cityquilter grace said...

such a pretty finish lou....i hardly ever work with those colors but you have inspired me to consider them more often...

Jenny said...

That's a lovely quilt, interesting in the colour differences depending on the light!

Janice said...

You are getting very fancy with your quilt styling. It looks lovely in the cherry tree. You certainly put your skates on to get it all finished on Sunday. The simple panto works well with it.

Janet O. said...

Of course you were working on EPP while we Zoomed. :)
You did a great job meeting the President's challenge with your quilt of lavenders, lilacs, ladies, and even letters on the back. Do you get a prize for using 4 elements of your letter?
Purple being a favorite color of mine, I think the quilt is lovely--another L.

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm a fan of the colour purple so I love this quilt of yours and Im amazed at your quilting and binding so quickly!!

Denice Barker said...

I was sorry to miss the zoom this time. Love the springy color of that quilt, it looks like a field of violets.

Jo said...

Good work Lou. You are doing a great job with using your frame.

Karen S said...

You really have got that quilt done in a very short time.
That is a lovely finish.

Ondrea said...

Such a lovely finish. Looks fantastic.

Chookyblue...... said...

Lovely to see you on zoom...... You did great with the quilt..

Raewyn said...

Gosh that was a productive day - amazing what one can get done when one has achance!...a pretty quilt.