Wednesday 25 October 2023

Scrubs, scrubs and more scrubs.

I've been making scrubs for work again.  
I purchased this piece of blue fabric back in April, then started making the top early in September, I've worn it to work a few times now but only just got a photo of the finished top.
Some people say they see the old spirograph patterns, others see kaleidoscopes and one person commented that it looks like fireworks. 
I just love it.
Next up is a piece of fabric I found in an op shop a while ago, I sort of knew right away I wanted to make it in to scrubs.
I love how it has turned out.
And finally, we (the staff members) have decorated the unit at work for Halloween, so some of us decided we should have Halloween scrubs too. LOL
Tada!
Though I could wear black cats all year round.
*
Aside from some cross stitch that is pretty much all I have found time for over the last few days. I'll get a pic of my cross stitch soon.
Today I took myself back to Geraldine and aside from black cat fabric I also purchased some more dinosaur fabric. Hopefully tomorrow I can make a start on a Dino quilt. 
Wish me luck. 

16 comments:

Lin said...

Those colourful tops are fun and must brighten everyone's day. xx

Jennifer said...

They are all fun scrubs....well done, Lou!

Jo said...

You would have enough scrubs for 2 weeks without having to wash. They are so much fun for you.

Rose Marie said...

All nice tops and you are so lucky to be able to make your own with fabric that you really like.

Jenny said...

Your fun scrubs will brighten the clients day as you go about your duties.

kiwikid said...

Your scrubs are wonderful, well done, you are very clever Lou!

Alison said...

Nice new scrubs, good score at the op shop - all I ever seem to see there is checked flannelette or similar!

Fiona said...

The scrubs look great..... I need some new tops so I must get my Bondi pattern out (though they need to be bigger than last time I made them!!!!)
Hugz

Mystic Quilter said...

These scrubs are neat, I could see them being worn whilst busy quilting, good size pockets.

Christine B said...

Love your new scrubs! The pretty fabrics must cheer everyone up when you wear them! Hugs Christine xx

jude's page said...

Good job on the scrubs Lou. They are fantastic.

cityquilter grace said...

nice scrub tops...i've made a few for my daughter also...you'll be the best dressed no doubt!

Janice said...

They all look so much fun and will definitely brighten up your work. Do I recognise a fabric you bought over here?

Susan said...

What fun you have with your scrubs - not a boring day in uniform for you!!!
I love the first one and yes, it does look like old spirograph patterns, or kaleidoscopes and even a bit like fireworks. - keep everyone happy!

Karen S said...

Great collection of scrubs. I like the idea of using themed fabric. Lots of fun and always colourful.

Raewyn said...

Your scrubs are definitely cheerful and interesting Lou. I can imagine a dress or top out of some of those fabrics!