Friday 22 February 2019

How Time flies!

This month certainly is flying by.
I don't think I'll be able to complete the stitchery part of this block by the end of the month. 
 I didn't get all of the stitching time I had hoped to this week. Tuesday was one of 'those' days. You know the ones? If it can go wrong it will sort of days.
A twenty minute appointment turned into 45 mins and a recall later in the day.
Meanwhile the bread dough was rising out of the pan and was romping off over the work top!! LOL
Before I knew it, the day had flown by and I hadn't even picked up a needle.
So I made the most of Wednesday. I did nothing but sit and stitch. It was a wonderfully relaxing day and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I completed the main panel and the flower beneath it.
I'm hoping to make a start on the remaining three today, before going into work later this morning.
And to end on a big note. Five years ago this week I arrived here in New Zealand with Tony and Joe. Our long journey was over and it was time to settle in and make a new life.
and this second link is a look back at 
There are people and places that I miss. I would dearly love to hold my grand children and be able to spend time with them in person rather than over the internet. But I love my life here and have settled in well I think. Joe is happy too. 

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Five years, my goodness doesn't time fly! It was a big decision to make to come out to New Zealand and you have settled down very well. Missing family, grandchildren and friends must be so hard, the downside of moving so far away.
I'm pleased you finally found a little stitching time.

Maria said...

Yes the days are just going by far too quickly..
Nice to have been able to get some time to stitch.
Pleased you've settled into NZ. always hard to move especially from family.

Karen S said...

I think you are better off taking your time with the stitching so you enjoy it rather than trying to meet a deadline.
I bet your 5 years has flown by!