Saturday 21 December 2019

A surprise in the mail.

The postie left an envelope in my box the other day. I didn't recognise the handwriting and had no clue who it might have been from, when I turned it over and saw the senders name and address, what a sweet surprise.
The Lovely Maria from Life on the block had sent me a card and a delightful hand made ornament.
 Thank you so much Maria.
I rushed to add it to my tree right away.
See, settled in nicely and feeling perfectly at home.
*
As I have very little to report with regard to current crafting efforts, I'll show off some older ones.
 What you see here are two table pieces on my coffee table, one strategically places over the other, to make it look more impressive. LOL
And some cute wee gifted coasters. 
 It wouldn't be Loulee if there were not a collection of teddies to show off somewhere.
 Some were Mums and happily came to live with me.
Oh! I almost forgot!
I do have a crafty finish to show you.
I actually made and quilted this tree in 2018 and posted about it's journey in April of the same year.
I have seen many of these trees decorated with tiny quilt blocks. I don't think that was ever going to happen here so last week I decided to just get on and finish it. A quick visit to the sewing centre and I had buttons and a frame.
And they are the cutest buttons.
 I sat last night and sewed them on.
 Part of me says that's enough, and another part says go buy and add more.
I wonder if there is a skinny piece of tinsel in the box?  I wonder, I wonder?
And finally, everyone seems to love how even the light fittings get the Christmas treatment. 
 As we were placing the outdoor tree I notice that there were many, many bees visiting the lavender hedge under my sewing room window. 
The lavender is in full bloom and smelled beautiful, the sun was shining and the hum of the bees made for a wonderful moment.
*
Time to go and make mince pies.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Lots of lovely Christmas decorations in your home and the buttons look gorgeous on your wall hanging tree. You could add something each year?
oh that lavender bush is very pretty no wonder the bees love it.

Have happy and safe Christmas...

Janice said...

Lucky you. A sweet gift. I do like your latest hanger. Good luck looking for your tinsel. The table mat(s) look great. I didn't realise it was two.