Tuesday 17 December 2019

A quilty finish..

This little quilt started with all haste, but has taken a long time to finish.
It has hung around in the cupboard in my room since then, awaiting it's turn.
Then just a couple of weeks ago I finally found time to put it onto my frame.
It has taken me a while to find the time to quilt it. It's so small it should have been done in no time. But instead took two weeks. But finally yesterday I finished the quilting, and this afternoon after work I put on the binding. I had thought to use leftovers to make a scrappy binding, but decided this morning that in the interests of finishing it this year then it would be better to find and use a single fabric. Which I duly found in my local store before going to work. LOL
This evening I have put on the binding and closed it too!
Look, here it is all finished, it even has a Loulee label. 
As you can see I just did a very lose meander all over, though I did add some flowers, to the centres of the flowers!
Just for fun. And to practice.
I know I have had the frame for a few years now, and have used it several times, but I still feel very much like a beginner and in need of practice, practice, practice.
And here it is. The finished quilt.
Flower Box, by Laundry Basket Quilts.
A very pretty a girly looking lap size quilt.
Or maybe I'll add a sleeve so it can take a turn hanging here at home.
There is another similar sized quilt hanging in the cupboard, just hanging around waiting....
As they do....
Maybe tomorrow, after work.

4 comments:

Maria said...

A pretty finish. Bet your glad it's done..
Now to get the next one done. 😁

Jenny said...

Lovely, and finished in time for Christmas. Such pretty colours too. Do you have another quilt readyvand waiting to load onto the frame?

Janice said...

Go you! Another finish for the year. It looks great. I see that your beautiful wedding cake tree is putting on its show. It must be lovely working away surrounded by your garden.

Karen S said...

So good to see it finished. Too lovely to sit in a cupboard.