Monday 9 December 2019

Feeling Sew Lucky

 Look what I got!!!
I'm sew lucky
It's even got my name on it!!
And was made especially for me. 
😊😊
We had guests over for dinner last night. He is a colleague of Tony's and she is a crafty lady. She makes aprons and bags, using calico and beautifully painted with flowers, which she sells at the local markets. I wish I had pics of those to share...
We got to talking and I ended up doing a show and tell and we were all in my room at one point looking a projects and comparing sewing machines. 
She has never made a quilt, but would love to. Sew I gave her some of my old patterns and lots of advice. He must have noticed my rulers tucked in between books and propped up where ever there was enough space.
He came back today with a beautiful hand made stand, which has space for all of my rulers, and more.
It is beautifully finished, all the edges are so smooth.
I feel so very lucky to be gifted such a thing.
 For now, it fits perfectly on the dresser, just in reach if I'm at the cutting mat.
LOL I'm sure that will change!
*
I was hoping to have a finished quilt to show in this post, but that wasn't to be. However as it was still on the frame and in need of more work, I was able to show my guests how that all works. 
I only need to do a little more quilting and then onto the binding....
maybe next time.....
I have some interesting garden shots too...
Maybe next time...
Oh! And my new car should have arrived today,
Now it's due on Wednesday.
Maybe next time....
*
You will come back for next time won't you?

5 comments:

Karen S said...

What a wonderful gift! Your ruler stand looks great.

Jenny said...

Aren't you the lucky one! My rulers usually live in large flat bag I made to carry my cutting board to classes, years ago now.

Janice said...

Lucky you! That will be so handy. He’ll be able to add them to his wife’s craft stalls. I think I may just recognise a certain little table runner peeking from under the stand?

Raewyn said...

Gosh that is a fabulous gift! So useful and tidy - lucky you!

Maria said...

Such a great gift and made especially for you....