Saturday 4 January 2020

Friday Night With Friends

I thought that this year, I might join in with the fun and take part in the Friday Night With Friends craft along. For those who don't know, the idea is that on the first Friday of each month, we all settle down in the evening, with something crafty and craft along together. No matter where you are in the world, some one will be crafting along with you.
If You'd like to know more than that, or better still join in...
I had so much fun making up Gail Pans I Stitch block, I decided that I would make the bonus project also. It seemed only right that I make a start on Friday night.
I not only finished the stitching, .

I had layered and quilted the project before going to bed. 
I certainly didn't feel lonely, as Janice and I were messaging for a while, she even helped me to select the binding fabric.
The beauty of living in NZ is that we get to have Friday night first, so even after I had been to bed and had a good nights sleep, it was now Friday night in Europe!!
So I carried on sewing knowing that there are Europeans who join in! LOL
I had fun sewing with them.
 I finished the bonus project. A cute wee pouch, which now holds all the threads I have selected to use for the I stitch project.
After some grocery shopping and a short stint in the garden I made a start on a secret project.
The first of many Christmas ornaments. Janice and I have sort of agreed to work on one each a month, though I believe Janice's will be Christmas projects, rather that all ornaments. I usually gift or swap about 10-11 ornies, so one a month should reduce the pressure later in the year. 
I enjoyed my first Friday Night With Friends.
Now I'm off to see what everyone else has been up to. 
Thank you Cheryl for the linky line up







14 comments:

Janice said...

What a sweet little project. It was fun working along together last night. I wonder what we will work on next time?

Lin said...

Good to have you along. Great little pouch. xx

Maria said...

The bonus project has become a lovely finish for your threads...
Hope you join in each month as it's always great to sew along with others and I'll be joining our Northern Hemisphere friends tonight too.

Radka said...

I missed this FNwF, I completely forgot about it, but I am sure there enough of others taking part. You made a lovely project :-)
xx

Raewyn said...

It sounds like a very sociable night for you Lou! Well done on starting and finishing! Such a sweet project. Just wondering if you got your labels made in NZ?

Karen's Korner said...

You are off to a great start. Hope to see you around blogland more often.

Cheryll said...

Welcome to FNwF... & I hope to see you many more times too.
Lovely project to finish & a great idea to work on Xmas items each month as well. Thanks for joining in... xox

Sue said...

It's lovely! I got up early on Friday morning and sewed then as well as at night. If it's Friday night somewhere in the world, then it's time for FNWF!

Kaisievic said...

Wow! You were so productive! Well done!

Karen S said...

Lovely result with your bonus project.

Susan said...

I hope you can stick to your plan re the ornaments - it will help - I ALWAYS leave mine til the last minute...stupid really.
Love the pouch - a great idea to keep it for that project.

Susie H said...

Beautiful project! I do love Gail Pan projects.

dq said...

Wow! You stitched that one all the way to a finish! I love it!

Kate said...

What a fun way to stitch along with others. The pouch turned out beautifully!