Thursday 30 January 2020

More shopping!

I took the afternoon off work today, and went through to Geraldine with Debbie and her visiting Aunty. It was beautifully warm and we strolled around after having a late lunch.
Of course no visit to Geraldine is complete without a visit to The Pin Tin.
And we were not dissapointed. There were many samples displayed, some of them new, which is always good. There were little specials tables dotted all over the store. Look what I found!
There were also two very tempting layer cakes in the same collection. You know how I just love Fig Tree Fabrics. I was strong and left the layer cakes behind, for another crafter.
At the next table I came across some frivols. One of which I already own and have even sewn!
I was spoiled for choice between the other two. But Frivol number 1 came home with me.
 I was a little dissapointed when I got home and opened the tin.
The fabric collection in my previous frivol was just right to complete the pattern included, I thought this one might have been the same, but sadly not. There are more than enough pretty fabrics to make the coloured portions, but if I wish to remain true to the design shown in the image, I'll have to purchase some cream. And, if I remember correctly I had to purchase binding fabric last time too. 
Never mind, I wasn't going to make it today anyway.
 That aside, it was a lovely afternoon out. 
I've been keeping up with my 15 minutes a day, more about that in another post. I also found some more greens in the scrap drawer and decided to make one more RSC butterfly. 
Which incedently took just a little over 15 minutes, they really are pretty fast to make. Imagine if I made a whole rainbow of butterflies as my 15 minutes a day!!)
I have found a whole bunch of brownish scraps that will be suitable for bodies and will applique them on as part of the finishing project, or maybe once a few more are made I'll load some matching thread into the machine and do a whole bunch in one session.
*
Well that's my news, I'm off to play in my room for a while.

7 comments:

Janice said...

Pretty purchases. You’ll have fun with them.

Karen S said...

Great shopping fun. Lovely fabrics.

Radka said...

May be a little disappointment, but what a lovely day you had :-)
xx

Maria said...

Lovely time spend with your friend and her Aunt.
Some nice specials come home with you....
I have a Frolic tin but have never checked out if there's enough fabric for the project. Will do tomorrow as it's time for bed.

Kate said...

What a fun way to spend an afternoon off work. Sorry the contents of the tin were a bit disappointing. Hopefully you can make it work anyway. Happy stitching this weekend.

Fiona said...

lovely purchases, I love the Fig Tree fabrics too.... hope you find some cream fabric soon...
Hugz

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I got those tins for a year the year they came out from the Fat Quarter Shop as a monthly club - I am still using some of the pieces they are all mixed up in my stash of color boxes