Sunday 26 January 2020

Acquisitions!

 I told you that Debbie and I were having a girls day out yesterday didn't I?
We did have fun.
Our first stop was at the very out of the way Quilting Shed. It's such a wonderful place, I do enjoy my visits there and wish I could go more often. It's such an inspiring visit every time. 
I wasn't looking for anything in particular, maybe a few fat quarters, you know how it is sometimes?
But THIS was on display.
I promise you, my photo of the packet front does it no justice at all!
Such beautiful fabrics, from Tula Pinks new range.
There are unicorns!
Ooopsy! He is upside down. I really haven't gotten the hang of manipulating pictures taken on my phone!
Anyway, he comes in three different colours.
And there are swallows on the fabrics used to sash the blocks.
 Our beautiful Grand Daughter Faith loves Unicorns.
There is enough fabric in the kit to make a nice cuddle size quilt for on the couch, or maybe as a wee throw on her bed.
I couldn't decide which of these pretty King Tut threads would be best to quilt it, so I bought both. LOL
 I also bought the pattern for this wee cutie.
Deb bought a fat quarter bundle of Tula pinks fabrics. She is planning to make a pretty mat for her sewing machine to sit on.
Our next stop was in Oamaru for lunch, then on to a store that doesn't have a website. You could find it on facebook though. It's called stitch n stash.
I found another cute wee pattern. But Debbie came away with nothing.
 Sadly we missed out on visiting a yarn store, as it was closed by the time we got to it. Never mind, we have a great excuse to go back soon.
On our return to town, we went to the Timaru Sewing Centre, where I found these pretties in the end of bolt basket. No plan for them, just too pretty to leave behind. The floral is just over a metre, and the blue is about 40cm. 
 A beautiful thread minder for my I stitch club threads.
 Oh dear! Another upside down photo.
Debbie bought some yarn and a knitting pattern. 
And finally, another recent aquisition.
I've wanted a copy of this book for quite some time. As you see on the cover, it was a limited edition and I missed out!
This one was advertised on a NZ Cross stitch sell and swap page on Facebook and I got lucky.
The lovely lady who sold it too me also sent me many charts by the same designer that she had pulled out of magazines. She is having a big down size and was happy to pass them onto another Joan Elliott fan. 😃😃
Time to go play.
I should be cutting 2.5 inch squares for the scrap eating monster!
Or putting the binding onto my batik quilt.
But I want to play with unicorns!

5 comments:

Janice said...

We know where to find you now - either in the sewing room or your stitching armchair. No excuse to be bored. Enjoy!

Karen S said...

Looks like a very productive visit. Plenty to play with in the coming months.

Maria said...

Such a fabulous outing with Deb and lots of lovelies come home with you.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You are capitalizing on your time so well. Surprising what you can get done in just minutes. What a fun outing with your friend and so much inspiration to be see. That Tula keeps tempting us with the colours.

Kate said...

The unicorn quilt is going to be such fun and so cute. You've got lots of inspiring new things to play with. Have fun!