Monday 20 January 2020

Slow Progress

I set myself the challange last week to stitch 15 minutes each day before going to work.
Then promptly failed on the very first day!
  I have forgiven myself though, I think a stinker of a headache is a good excuse, I even took the day off work, took myself back to bed and slept it away.
That aside I was able to over achieve again.
Monday  00 mins
Tuesday 40 mins
Wednesday 30 mins
Thursday 30 mins
Friday 30 mins
and to make up for Monday...
Saturday 1.5 hours!!
Total = 3 hours and 40 mins.
That time was and will probably continue to be spent working on my Flip Flop scrap quilt. I blogged it's details here.
 Away from that quilt I have also been busy with other projects.
I spent just over two and a half hours stitching on Spring Queen throughout the week.
Here you see before. 
And After.
 can you see the mistake? Somewhere there in her hair?
No, me neither! I have counted in and out from every direction and I cannot find a mistake, but the stitches just don't meet how they are supposed to.
I even did some unstitching and re stitching!
Never mind, I'll fudge it and hope the cross stitch police don't do a close inspection. LOL
 Speaking of un stitching and re stitching. I loaded this beauty onto my frame on Saturday.
I did the first pass of quilting and discovered that I had tension issues when I rolled it on for the next pass.
So that was rip, rip, ripped and reloaded into the frame.
First two rows are done and I'm much happier.
I was hoping to get it finished and bound on Sunday, but life and the garden got in the way.
I'm off to link up with Kate and to see what everyone else did with their 15 mins a day.

7 comments:

Karen S said...

Well done getting in your stitching minutes each day.It really does add up to a decent amount!
Shame about the unpicking, though.

Maria said...

You sure made up for not stitching on Monday and resting was a much better option to get rid of your headache.
No can't see your mistake in your beautiful cross stitch.
Lucky you picked up the tension problem when you'll only done two rows on the quilt.

Janice said...

You have ben productive. You can definitely see the progress on your cross stitch.

Fiona said...

you are getting heaps done.... I also try and have the 15 minutes in the mornings... at the machine..

Hugz

Kate said...

Sorry for the headache last Monday, those can be just miserable. Otherwise you had a great week on multiple fronts. Hope this week is as good.

Marti said...

Your cross-stitch is lovely, and so is the quilt on your frame. Sorry you had tension issues and didn't know it. I hate when that happens.

Raewyn said...

Good on you with your commitment to the 15 mins a day - it really does add up, doesn't it? Your cross stitch lady is beautiful, we all have the odd bad hair day - knowing there's a mistake means you can compensate for it later on, if you need to! Gorgeous quilt on the frame, just as well you spotted the tension issues when you did.