Wednesday 15 January 2020

Never say Never!

I've discussed the Rainbow Scrap Challenge with one or two people, well you can't help it really, when you comment on some of the lovely quilts that have come to be, just because of the RSC.
It was suggested that I join in....
I thought about it and never really committed, but didn't rule it out either.
So, the other night, when I was mining for more scrappy bits for my 2.5 inch squares, I came across a beautifully bright green and I recalled someone using bright green for her RSC block this month. So I pulled it out and put it to one side, still telling myself that I wasn't going to join in. And after work yesterday, set about finding a pattern, just in case, you know, I might find the time. 
Really two BOMs? Isn't that a bit much?
 Then before you know it I had two blocks made! 
I know!
I'm shocked too.
The pattern calls for a black body.....
I'm thinking, seeing as this is a scrap project, I might look out for some softer browns or greys in the scrap drawer, that I might use, instead of all black.
Those of you who have been around for a while, will possibly remember that I have made this pattern before.
TWICE!
Well, I love butterflies, so I'm doing it again. Rainbow Scrap Style.
I'm not going to link up with the other scrappers at this point, I'll just post my progress here.
I wonder what next months colour will be?
*
Speaking of challenges, as I over achieved in the 15 mins per day challenge last week, I have decided to focus those 15 mins in the mornings before work. I'm usually up early and have time to spare after my shower. I have been known to do housework before going in, and recently I've been making time to craft too. Which is nice. So, in future that's where I'll focus the 15 mins. I won't be recording everything I do, just the mornings. 
During this mornings 15 mins while I was cutting 2.5 inch squares I was joined by herself.
Usually she will settle in the window, or on the back of the husband chair, but this morning she settled IN my project box. So glad it was empty at the time.
What is it with cats and boxes?
*
Cutting all of these scraps, has led to lots of smaller scraps.
I thought I might save them, for a ticker tape style project.
Maybe.......
Not committing to anything at this time.....
*




8 comments:

Maria said...

Great choice for your RSC blocks.. Haven't decided on a block yet.
Good to get your 2 1/2" blocks cut. I've been strong and thrown out smaller bits..
Nice to have your furry friend keep you company.

Radka said...

Oh, how wonderfully organised you are in the mornings! ;-)
xx

Lin said...

The butterfly block is a great one for RSC. I like the idea of looking for a brown fabric for the body - a little less harsh than black. xx

Jenny said...

So pleased you are joining in RSC, im sure you will have fun making butterfly blocks each month.
I'm still to start, as we are still tootling around in the caravan. I think i know what i want to do fir the chsllenge, just have to get started.

Janice said...

I"m glad you jumped on the RSC band wagon. By doing something little, it is no effort. You will probably get them done in one or two 15 minute sessions. I wish I was that organised. Bella looks like she is a great help.

Kate said...

You can't go wrong with another butterfly quilt (I'm rather partial to them myself and hope to finish my RSC butterfly rainbow quilt this year). Good luck with your 15 minutes in the morning plan. Good luck and happy stitching!

Raewyn said...

The RSC is a great motivator to use some scraps. I'm hopping on board again this year and have been doing a little wallowing in green over the weekend! I love your butterflies and the addition of the body is a good idea. Good luck with your continued 15 minute plan!

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW glad that you decided to join in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge's fun (and join the link-up, too!!) The RSC Quilters LOVE seeing MORE scrappy projects each month. Spoiler Alert: Angela let the cat out of the bag! Orange is going to be February's color.