Monday 17 February 2020

15 minutes a day, achieved.

I needen't have worried last week. In spite of a very early start and late finish, I did manage to get in my 15 minutes last Tuesday. LOL Because of my habit of getting up earlier than I need to, I found time to knit for a while before my big day out with work. 
Here is a Linky if you want to see how others have done. 
I also managed through thee week to complete the last blocks for my flip flop scrap quilt.
And made a start at cutting the green sashing strips. I need 98 of them, so it may take a while.
Especially if I keep taking Saturdays off to go visiting quilt stores and buying more stuff. LOL
Sunday was spread between the kitchen and my stitching chair. As I prepped the slow cooker, made bacon and egg pie and got on with some of my secret Christmas ornament project. I'm a little slower this month, but I have had a few more distractions. 
*
 I took a new friend to visit Cathy at the Quilting shed on Saturday. She like most first timers, found it a little over whelming. LOL I did warn her.
I had taken along a panel that Mum bought for me, on one of our trips to the Birmingham Quilt Festival. Cathy helped me to find some fabrics to compliment it and also to come up with a plan. More about that another time as I have forgotten to take photos.
While I was there I spotted this pattern and just had to have it.
As soon as I saw it I knew that I had to make a sunflower version.
I was of course inspired by my Valentines day flowers. Now I just need to collect a bunch of yellow fabrics. LOL
My friend was inspired by a cushion that was on display. Cathy had made it as a demo for an applique class, but was very happy to make sure my pal had everything she needed and lots of advice on going about making it.
She really is a very lovely, kind and generous lady.
*
Another recent aquisition came from an online source. A store I follow on fb is having a big clear out sale. Lots of items are being listed at very special prices on her fb page and I was delighted to score one of the last few kits for this lovely Pear Quilt.
It's only a small quilt, finishing at 21 inches square, so shouldn't take long, once I make a start.
*
I can tell you now, that I have not achieved my 15 minutes a day before work goal this week. It just didn't happen this morning. 😞
Never mind, I plan to do some more to my ornament this evening once I have cleared my emails, so maybe that will count as making up time. 
It's still in the same day.

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it sounds like you have some nice quilt shops in your area if you go most Saturdays - lucky you 0 here :(

Jenny said...

I think you are doing very well with what you achieve, especially since you do a full day at work. It's always good to have a new project or two in the planning stages, looking forward to seeing the sunflower cushion when you start it.

Janice said...

You have certainly found your sewjo again. I’m impressed. I love your new purchases. BTW I still haven’t stitched a stitch, but have pulled done fabric and presses it. Baby steps.

Karen S said...

You have had some lovely fun in the shops. there are so many temptations!

Kate said...

Congrats on all the progress on your flip flop scrap quilt. Congrats on a successful stitching week. Hope this week has gone as well.