Monday 10 February 2020

Not a stitch was sewn.

That's not entirely true!

I set out well for FnwF. Getting started soon after I got in from work, Then got interrupted after two hours to make dinner, sadly I never got back to it.
Before the interruptions I discovered that I had miscalculated and need to cut quite a few more wee squares, so spent some time digging in the scrap drawer. Todays job will be to get them all cut, hopefully. 
 I also did a pile of pressing on Friday and found this.....
How did I miss that in the last round of pressing???
It's staying.
I'm not going to fix it.
Over the weekend
Not a stitch was sewn!
On Saturday evening we hosted a pot luck curry night.
It was a great evening, but my preparations took pretty much all day, so no time for sewing.
And on Sunday, I had a bad case of can't be bothereds. Though I did pick up my knitting in the evening, only to discover that I had made a mistake a few rows back and had to rip, rip, rip.
Sigh.
*
On the bright side...

My 15 minutes a day are focussed on Monday - friday, before work and once again I over achieved by getting in a minimum of 15 per day, sometimes 30 minutes, which is great. 


and


I'm going out of town for work tomorrow, we'll be leaving early and back late, so I'll have some making up to do on my 15 mins this week. I think I'll cope. LOL



12 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

A dear you get days like that. Hope you can find those 15 mins each day to enjoy your stitching.

kiwikid said...

Ah don't you love best laid plans!! You got something done so that was good, is it going to matter two blocks are close together in the grand scheme of things? You could call it a design feature!!

Lin said...

Well you did get something done on Friday - I wouldnt worry about the double square, it took me a while to spot it lol. A potluck curry night sounds right up my street! Have a great weeek. xx

Radka said...

It is not a bad thing to have a break from sewing :-)
xx

Maria said...

I wondered what you meant when you said " I noticed this after ironing" . Took awhile to see what it was so NO won't unpick...
Love your saying of having the " Can't be bothers" we need days like that to rejuvenate ......

Raewyn said...

Sometimes that's just how it is, although you did seem to get tiny bits done - even if it seemed to be in the wrong direction! I think I'd leave that block as it is too! Sounds like you got up to plenty even if it wasn't crafting :-)

Janice said...

It sounds like we were in the same mood on Sunday. It was bleak here, so we were just lazy. I haven’t stitched a stitch since Friday. I’ve been organising photos files. OMG What a job. Hopefully I’ll get some stitching done later in the week. At least you made some progress on a Friday and in your mornings. Don’t worry about those blocks. When I finished putting my plus quilt together I found several of my background greys had doubled up. I hadn’t noticed them at all when playing with the layout. They just had to stay as they are. No one cares.

Kate said...

Some weeks just work out that way. Still you made really good progress on your day off earlier in the week. Business travel does interrupt the sewing plans a bit. Hope you have a safe and productive trip.

Cheryll said...

No one will notice the "same" fabric I'm sure... & it was lovely having you visit if only for a short while at FNWF... xox

Marti said...

I love that term "a case of the can't be bothered" and seem to have it a lot myself. I hate ripping out, whether it is yarn or fabric. This week I ripped out the binding on a sweater twice and then put on fringe, took it all off, put it on a different way, took that all off, and finally put it back on the way it was the first time. lol

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Stitching when you want and not stitching when you don't want sounds perfect to me.

Karen S said...

At least you have those two hours before being interrupted. Sounds like most days were still busy.
Just getting the fabrics sorted for cutting is good value.