Monday 3 February 2020

15 Minutes a day.

As you know I have been focussing my 15 minutes on the mornings before work. It is such a nice way to begin the day, even if I do get odd looks when I forget to dethread before I leave the house. LOL
This morning it was at the post office when I was checking the PO Box. LOL I was covered in threads. LOL
My morning project continues to be my flip flop scraps quilt, which is progressing nicely.
Even with mishaps like this....
Not one, not two, but three matching fabric pieces all lined up!
Rip, rip, rip!
At least it was an easy fix.
I now have the beginnings of the correct number of blocks and just need to keep on adding strips of five, until they are all used up.
It's easy mindless sewing to do in the mornings. 
Each day last week  I achieved my goal of a minimum of 15 minutes. I was also able to squeeze in some time on Saturday. 
Before I stitch was delivered.
More about that another time.
Sunday was a busy day in the kitchen. 
 When these tomatoes and their friends became a huge pan of Possums pickles.
Possum is the nicname of a friends mum, and this is her recipe, hence, Possums pickles.
They are YUMMY! 
As I still had bowl of  tomatoes sitting in the pantry I also made a big pan of pasta sauce, for the freezer.
It's good to have a taste of summer on a cold winter night.
I'm off to  link up with A life in pieces blog, then it's time for some secret Christmas stitching. 





7 comments:

Janice said...

Yum Yum! I bet they smelled divine. There is nothing better than the aroma of preserves cooking. Your 15 minutes is working so well. You've been very productive. I've tried to do a bit each day, but fell off the wagon yesterday. Have fun with your Christmas ornament.

Cheryll said...

I can almost smell those delicious pickles ... yuMmO...xox

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

15 minutes in the day is better than no minutes!

Radka said...

Ahhhh, I can smell those tomatoes here! :-)

Jenny said...

Stitching and cooking pickles, what could be nicer!

Maria said...

I was a little worried when I first read "Possum Pickles" sew was pleased you explained....
Well done with your stitching, sew annoying whe we join the some bits.. I still need to cut more squares...

Kate said...

Mindless sewing is anything but sometimes! Congrats on working in all the stitching time. My family is usually pretty good about de-threading me before we leave the house if I've been sewing. Hope you've had a another good week on the stitching front.