Sunday 23 February 2020

When life gives you tomatoes....

 Lots and lots of tomatoes...
Make relish.
 and soup!
Then if time permits, you can sew some more!
I've been good this week and steadily working away on my flip flop scraps quilt each morning before work. I'm finally able to begin adding the green sashing strips.
So happy to say I have achieved my minimum of 15 minutes a day.
No shopping trips this week, but my hubby did surprise me with this.
A Sid quilting ruler. I really need to finish something, so that I can have a play.
My weekend sewing took a hit yesterday as I worked in the morning and had guests visit for the evening.
Today is better. I worked on my secret Christmas project this morning, then after lunch we went out into the garden for a while, we harvested 30+ corn cobs and got them into the freezer. I also brought in another bowlful of tomatoes.....
I've done a few domestic chores and once I'm done here I plan to return to my Christmas Ornament, if I apply myself, I could get it finished today.

9 comments:

Lin said...

Your garden is very productive! Great that you are getting time to sew between harvesting. xx

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your garden is producing well it sounds like! I do not usually have a good garden I have kind of given up on vegetable gardens and plant flowers - I hate that I have such bad luck with them

Maria said...

Nice lot of tomato relish you've made..
Good to see your Flip Flop Scraps with some sashing on..
Interesting ruler.

Karen S said...

This is such a productive time in the garden. Great to see the tomatoes getting lots of use. Great work with the corn, too.

dq said...

Gardening does not happen for a few more months in my climate. I loved seeing your harvest though. I love that people still can and freeze. I used to but I like to be gone a lot in the summer and harvest season is when I go back to school.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh my, I am so envious of your bountiful garden. Especially as we have a promise of more snow later this week. My garden is buried.
You are being kept busy but how wonderful to know the food you are eating is your very own. It must taste so fresh.

Raewyn said...

Well done on all the preserving. YD and I made a whole lot of pasta sauce on Monday from tomatoes from her garden. Mine has been unsurprisingly unproductive this summer (didn't get it planted!). God on yo being organised enough to grab those moments of sewing - that's quite a pile of blocks. Hope you got to have a play with your new ruler :-)

Janice said...

Yummo! Sadly we don’t have enough tomatoes to preserve this year, but have been enjoying picking enough to have with our breakfast and salads. I’m sure you will have fun playing with your new toy.

Kate said...

I always struggle to remember that it's summer in one part of the world. It's finally starting to warm up a bit here. I'm ready for spring. You've been making progress on many fronts in addition to your stitching.