Friday 27 March 2020

And then there were three.

While having a tidy up of the freezer to squeeze in more of the bounty from our garden, I came across two bags of chopped pumpkin. As there are just the two of us, I often have left over pumpkin, they are such huge fruits sometimes, so I chop it into roasting size pieces and freeze it for later use.
Anyway, I decided to make a batch of soup.

I let it soften a little then chopped it into smaller pieces and into the pan it went.
This is my go to pumpkin soup recipe. and it is YUMMY!
 I found it in this book a few years ago and it's become a favourite in our house.
We are not vegan, or even vegetarian, but there are some very tasty recipes in there which we cook on meat free Monday, the salad section is a great inspiration for BBQ season and I've even taken some of the meals along to pot luck suppers with great success and approval.
Look for it in your local bookstore. Once all the lock downs are over of course. 
Sorry, no pics of my finished soup. What wasn't eaten right away, went back into the freezer! LOL
*
After giving myself a kick in the backside the other day, I'm finding my groove again and yesterday before work I finished the third of my butterflies for the RSC.
What a happy wee trio they make.
*
This of course means I'll have to have a look about for something else to do in the mornings.
I do have one or two kits floating about and will have a look at them today, or maybe I'll make a start on quilting the two quilts I have layered and waiting.
I have a bonus day off work today. Good thing really as the restless nights continue. Both Tony and I were awake just after 3 am and both of us gave up and got up a little later.
I've done a few rows of knitting here and there, so progress is being made. 
I'm off to make eggs on toast for brekkie, then find some pretty fabrics to play with.


10 comments:

Jenny said...

Mmm, pumpkin soup, my favourite, although I've never tried the Thai version. I'm sure I too have some cooked pumpkin in the freezer, must go and find it now the weather is getting cooler. Pretty little butterflies, they are fun to make, I'm sure.

Ali Honey said...

Hi Lou, Soup sounds yummy. Pumpkin is always a goody.
Yes could you put your chilli jam recipe here ( in slightly larger type ) R might like to try it.
Hope you both stay well and happy Hugs Ali.

kiwikid said...

Life is throwing a few curve balls at you at present isn't it!! I hope you can change your sleeping patterns,it is exhausting waking up so early each day,especially if you have to do to work. Your knitting looks lovely and your blocks are great too. Keep safe.

Fiona said...

I love soups and pumpkin is a favourite.. that one sounds really good. lovely little butterflies, so pretty. Hope your sleep sorts out, it can be so tiring getting through a day tired.
Hugz

Maria said...

Yes I love plain old Pumpkin Soup...
Your Teal Butterfly blocks will look beautiful when they get their fillers...

Janice said...

I usually find pumpkin soup to be rather bland, so I’ll have to give your recipe a go. Like you, we are definitely omnivores, but love trying tasty food without meat. Your little butterflies are so cute. If I get a chance I hope to get all my colours for RSC cut out into mini kits, so each month I just have to just sew, rather than hunt out and cut fabrics. I’ll see how I go.

Karen S said...

That soup recipe looks delicious!!
Glad to see you getting back into your craft.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice work on those TEAL Butterfly blocks!! You let me wishing the recipe photo was clear enough to read. That soup looks yummy!

Kate said...

The butterflies turned out beautifully. It's getting too warm for soup here, it's like we had two days of spring and now it's full summer.

Susie H said...

Yummy sounding soup and beautiful butterflies! Good job! Have a great week!