Tuesday 31 March 2020

A Corona Day.

As the new normal goes on, so normality must also continue.
For me, that means going off to work as usual, albeit less often. So yesterday, before work, I went into my wee room and had my lovely me time. I made the third of my Frivol blocks. Another pretty floral fabric.
I was having a think while I was sewing, and if I keep on going at this rate, I should have all the blocks made inside two weeks. I could have it finished inside three!
Do I want to finish it that fast? Do I stop the block a day routine and stick to work days only?
I'll ponder that while I make block four today. LOL
No work today, it's my corona day. I stay away from the office, so the boss can go in. He can work from home generally but thought I would appreciate more days at home.
What a sweetie. (But don't tell him I said so) 
 A project that is moving somewhat more slowly is the shades of grey sweater I started for myself sometime last year. Believe me, I do want to go faster on it, but as knitting does still cause some issues for my wrist I am trying to take it very slowly. 
I try to stick to bouts of 15 - 30 minutes, but sometimes I just get into a lovely rhythm and want to keep going. The front and back are done, and what you see here is progress on the first sleeve.
 My companion was keeping a very close eye on my yarn, as it danced and snaked it's way out of the basket, up the couch and over my knee. Until disappointingly, I put the knitting away. You should have seen the dirty look I got!
Then she hopped up onto the back of the couch, curled her paw over her eyes and would you believe it, began to snore!!
Yes, my can snores.
I'm off to play. Have fun with your day.
Stay home, stay safe, stay well.

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that sweater design looks very much like what I am making but in a shade of "light bark"? Life is different now isn't it. When we can finally go out as much as we please I might have hard time wanting to stay home

Janice said...

What a dilemma to have - making a quilt too quickly. How life changes. I'm sure you will not take too long to get it done, either way. Bella looks very settled. Joey has a little snore at times too, though not often. I don't mind.

Maria said...

The Frivol Block looks lovely and a nice start to the cardigan...
Hahaha!! love that your cat snores...

Raewyn said...

I hope you had a fun day at home Lou. Yes, this new normal is a little odd but I am finding that having a routine keeps it all sane and organised. Lovely Frivol block and great progress on the knitting. Your (snoring) cat is beautiful!

Jenny said...

I've been doing a little knitting too, some sewing of course, cooking too trying out a couple of new recipes. That's a lovely photo of your cat, she looks very content.