Saturday 28 March 2020

My bonus day off.


I really wasn't sure what to do with myself yesterday, and considered a few things before eventually pulling my recently acquired Frivol tin down off the shelf. 
As you know, the tins don't really show much, so here is a look at the pattern sheet inside.
I had fun sorting the fabrics and then set about finding and cutting additional white fabric.
There are nearly 200 little triangles in this pic.
It took quite a while to cut them all.
After all the cutting of white was done I cut the first row of colours.
If I follow the cutting instructions provided I get scraps like the blue ones to the right of this pic.
Yes, they are blue, honest!
I juggled things around a little and came up with a less wasteful way of cutting, well I think so anyway.
I was going to stop there, telling myself that this was to be my 15 minutes in the morning project.
But then I told myself I should make one up, just to try out the pattern instructions.

It was fun to make.
But took a bit longer than I anticipated.
I'll see how it goes...
After playing in my room for the morning and most of the afternoon, I took a nap, given that we were up so early, I think I deserved it!
After a few rows of knitting, I'm happy to say, I slept well last night, and didn't wake until 7 am this morning.
That's more like it.
*
I'm not sure what I'll do today.
But I'm sure I'll think of something.

11 comments:

Janice said...

This is going to be such a pretty quilt. Your piecing is perfect. Weren’t you lucky to have the white fabric on hand. I’m glad you got a good night’s sleep. That has to be a good thing.

Ali Honey said...

Great sleep! Hope you are setting up a new sleep pattern there.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the pattern for that one and have it some place - I emptied the tins a lot time ago and used most of the fabric for a variety of projects but saved most of the patterns

Maria said...

Oh you are tempting me to open that Frivol Tin I have but would you believe I've downloaded two new project this morning already...
The block does look great.
Pleased you had a good night sleeps....

Karen S said...

That's a lovely block. And every one will easier along the way.

Radka said...

Yes, it looks very fiddly, but so pretty :-)
xx

Raewyn said...

That's a lot of cutting but it's such a lovely quilt - it will be a good project to work on. Hopefully your body clock has re-set itself!

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness, so many pieces in each block. How big are the finished blocks?

Fiona said...

That is going to be lovely.... and so pretty... happy sewing and glad you had a good nights sleep...
Hugz

Lin said...

What a pretty block, this is going to be lovely. xx

Kate said...

Sounds like you made good use of your bonus day off. Your Frivol project is going to be stunning. Happy stitching!