Sunday 22 March 2020

And then the world went mad.....

Life has changed somewhat in recent times. 
Covid 19 has appeared and spread across the world.
People are scared and buying too much toilet roll.  Self isolation and social distancing are the new normal. I work as an admin for a multi national cleaning company, my role has changed a little , there is less paper and more laundry and mixing of chemicals. My hours have increased somewhat too. I can deal with all of that. Then we found out that Friday 27th March will be my husbands last day at his work. He has been made redundant. Not by Covid 19, but for some other reason I really don't fully understand. The day we got that news was the last day I put in my 15 minutes in the morning before work. My pears have stalled as you see them here, all layered and pinned ready to be quilted.
I just don't feel like working on them.
I have been knitting though. I mentioned to a couple of folks that I might need the 15 minutes challenge in the evenings to get a couple of knitting projects over the line.
And it worked.
Over the last week I've been able to complete this wee sweater for my grand son Floki.
And I've pulled out the sweater I was making for myself and made great progress on that too.
I feel awful that I haven't felt like doing anything quilty, but I did achieve something crafty.
*
In an effort to cheer up and hopefully inspire both myself and my pal Clowie, we hopped into my car yesterday and visited the Quilting shed. We were there for two hours, talking to Cathy and looking at all the lovely fabrics and model quilts. Clowie and I both bought kits for this quilt.
It was done originally as a quilt along, but we both opted to purchase the entire kit and do things in our own time.
 Look at the lovely bag it comes in.
 If you can see it past the inspector!!
Seeing all of the loveliness at the shop yesterday did inspire me and I feel that I just might get myself back into my room sometime soon.
But first I have about a kilo of Red Hot Chilli Peppers to deal with!

I'm linking with Kate and all the lovely people who check in for her 15 minutes  to stitch, I'm hoping you'll all inspire and cheer me on. 

Be well everyone, be socially distant, except here in blogland and remember to sing happy birthday as you wash your hands, often.
And another thought, if you're holding a needle, you certainly won't want to touch your face. 

5 comments:

Fiona said...

Sorry to hear about your husbands job.... its not easy. Good that you still get some crafting time and great progress made. a lovely new quilt kit.... looks gorgeous...
Hugz

Janice said...

I can understand that you haven’t felt like stitching with all that has been happening. The quilt kit should provide some brightness on a rather dull world. If you have to stay home it will keep you gainfully employed.

Maria said...

Hard time for you to be enthused to stitch but the new quilt kit looks interesting and fun and should help with your mojo..
Lovely Jumper for Floki...

Lin said...

What a shame about your husbands job. A difficult time for many. That quilt kit looks amazing! I look forward to seeing your progress. Great work on the knitting front. xx

Karen S said...

It sure is an upside down world when your job gets busier and hubby loses his. No sense.
Lovely to see your projects on the go. Looks like you will have plenty to do when everyone is in lockdown.
Take care.