Monday 2 March 2020

A New Month, A New Week, A New Project!

Well the month of February saw me finish a very large project in my Flip Flop Scrap quilt top.
And some smaller finishes too.
My top secret Christmas Ornament.
And part two of Gail Pan's I stitch BOM.
Speaking of which, Gail released the March block on 29th February. So I had all of the stitchery traced and ready to go on Sunday morning. I had the whole block finished by dinner time.
As usual I made a couple of changes. Gail encourages us to personalise our blocks and like my idea of an extra bee. On the original design, the circle with a bee in it was a flower. But I wanted a bee.
We have a thrush who visits our garden often, so I tweaked the bird in to a thrush by adding french knots to his chest.
And below, you see the first three blocks all together.
I've also finished the bonus project. This time it's a wee table topper, with more bees.
It's not quilted or bound in this image, but that has been done, I just need to close the binding.
It was the first time I have bound a hexie, so after some research I set off. While I was concentrating hard I could hear a noise behind me, it sounded like a paper bag being beaten into submission. Sure enough, when I got up to investigate, this is what I found!
She is still in there, purring her furry little butt off!
*
Sew, with my Flip Flop Scraps all done and made into a quilt top, what am I going to do in the mornings?
 This morning I spent some time looking for Rainbow Scrap Challenge fabrics, but more about that in a moment. 
I picked up this kit in a sale recently. A not quite so local store is having a big clear out and lots of things have been popping up on facebook. This kit was one of them.
Sorry for the sideways image.
 I do love Gail's original colourway, but this kit came with these lovely blue fabrics. Yum!
It is a Gail Pan design. I had not seen it before, but I'm delighted to get my hands on this one.
It will be my 15 minutes before work focus project for a little while.
And while I work on it I'll be planning another scrappy project I think.
Another on going project is the RSC.
Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
This month the chosen colour is Teal.
A dig through my stash this morning revealed no scraps!
 Two fat quarters and two larger pieces which I don't want to cut into yet. I have something in mind for them.
But I want to make three blocks, which in my mind means at least three colours.
So, on my way home from work I popped into the sewing centre and bought the middle one.
Maybe I should have taken a sample with me, it looks a little blue here.
 Mind you, they all do. Both photos were taken within 30 seconds of each other, and less than a fat quarter apart. One on my chair and one on my machine desk. The bottom image is closer to the real thing.
I have a whole month to make three butterflies.
I also need to make a start on my One a month Christmas project. This will be the third blue one.
I might have a change of colour next month.
Well, that's my news, I'm off to close the binding on my bumble bee table topper. 


8 comments:

Janice said...

I Stitch is coming along famously. I love the colours. Your new pears project is very cute too. Also, I think your fabrics are fine. I like the middle one very much. Having a bit of contrast will add more interest to butterflies.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like that Gail Pan design - cute!

Jenny said...

Love your stitchery project, it's so pretty!
I read it is teal this month for RSC, we are still away, so I will have some catching up to do when I get home next week.

Cheryll said...

Your quilt will be gorgeous...as your embroidery is beautiful.

Fiona said...

Lots to keep you busy... I do love the BOM by Gail and have been very tempted....
Hugz

Lin said...

Lots of nice things. Cute cat and I love those pears. xx

Karen S said...

Lovely work on your GP stitchery. Great idea to change the design to suit you.
Have fun with your little pears kit, too.

Kate said...

Your I Stitch BOM looks great. I like how your personalized your version.