Sunday 29 March 2020

A very busy Sunday.

I have had a very busy and successful day. First I made up the next frivol block. In a beautiful lime green. I was able to complete it much faster today. So very happy about that, but I still think I need to only commit to making half a block before work in the mornings, unless those disturbed nights return.
 That done, I got on with quilting the pears. I'm quite pleased with the way it has turned out.
That was fun.
At some point I took a break to make lunch. Left over mince  became very tasty pies in no time with frozen pastry and my trusty pie machine.
Hmm, where have I seen that brand before!!! LOL
I also made time to make apple and blackberry crumbles.
One for today and two for the freezer.
 While the apples were stewing I made the binding for the pears.
And while the crumbles baked I sewed it on.
I just finished sewing it up.
I'm unsure at this time if this one will be a wall hanger or a table topper.
So for now it will continue to hang from a skirt hanger in my room, while I think about it.
*
This evening I hope to make some knitting progress, but I was knitting on and off all day yesterday and my wrist started to ache, so I'll see how that goes.
I still have to quilt the unicorns and I have more smaller projects I could be getting on with too.
Hmm, what next?
*
I've also been out to the greenhouse today, and picked more chillis. They are slowing down now, with the cooler nights, but I still find bright red fruits most days.
I have almost enough for another batch of evil chilli chutney.
Tony will be happy. 
*

6 comments:

Marti said...

Oh yes! The pears turned out so cute! I have never seen a pie machine before. After making two batches of apple turnovers by hand yesterday, I think I need to know more about this machine.

Fiona said...

the frivol block is pretty and I love how you have finished off the pears.... ... yummy pies and crumbles... now I want that for breakfast!
Hugz

Karen S said...

A very productive day both with craft and baking. The pears have turned out really well and the crumbles look delicious..

kiwikid said...

The pears look wonderful, well done on the finish. Your block looks amazing too. Yummy baking.

Kate said...

Congrats on finishing off you pear mini quilt. It turned out beautifully!

Janice said...

It was a great day. A very productive one as well.