Wednesday 10 June 2020

The company we keep.....

So after saying goodbye to the lovely company of ladies in the virtual Chookshed on Sunday, I wrote the last blog post, then settled into my chair to do some more to my crochet project. It was a little cool, so I pulled a blanket into my lap, and very soon had company.
She gave me dirty looks every time I fidgeted under her, trying to change position and maintain comfort. LOL
And look, the first picture of my latest crochet project, that seaside coloured object draped over the cat!! I really do need to get a photo of it for you as that particular project is almost complete. I actually only started it when I ran out of steam and love for the baby blanket I was making. Remember the tiny squares for the Battenburg blanket? The yarn I need to complete it has been in transit for over 50 days. The concern for that yarn and the worry that it may never arrive was spoiling the pleasure I should have been getting from each little square.
 I was starting to think I would need to try to find an alternative yarn and maybe try to claim a refund. Then yesterday I heard that a lady who had ordered from the same place just over a week before me actually received her package yesterday, she had commented on FB as she knows others are waiting for packages from the same company, so maybe there is hope for mine yet. I'll wait just a little longer. We will see.
Progress is slowly being made on Spring Queen. 
             Here you see what a difference a busy week can make. Not much, but still progress.

I've given up on my 15 minutes of sewing before work. It is cold and dark in my wee room at that hour of the morning. I am trying to get in there when I finish work instead.  (Go visit Kate at A Life In Pieces Blog to see who else is trying to squeeze in 15 mins every day) As life returns to pretty much normal here in NZ, my working hours have stretched out again and I find I am later and later getting away from work. Today I was very late getting away. So didn't get chance to go into my room until after dinner. Tony decided he would join me and keep me company. If that was ok with me??
Of course that is fine with me. He brought his laptop and was watching a video about building a fine scale model of a Sop-worth camel. A type of plane. I did know that, but listened to what he had to say.
While he watched, I sliced and sewed.
As you can see, Kaffetastic part 3 looks pretty much like Kaffetastic parts one and two. LOL
All the pieces are cut, except cutting the black with white spots into HSTs. I simply had to get off my feet, my poor back is sore tonight. 
Hopefully I'll get a chance to finish cutting them after work tomorrow, and maybe even sew a few bits back together!
I may not be getting in my 15 mins in the morning, but between all of my projects, I am getting in 15 mins somewhere in the day. So although slower, I am still making progress. 
And that feels good.
I might go crochet, until bedtime...

13 comments:

jude's page said...

Good to set aside time each day, otherwise they all disappear and not much achieved. Your sewing space looks so organised and tidy.

Karen S said...

Your certainly look comfortable and warm with your crochet project. And so does the cat.
Yes, there seem to be a lot of packages travelling all over trying to get to destinations. Good luck.

Kate said...

I've had to move my 15 minute slot around as life changed, mainly to accomadate something to do with the Scientist in Training. Now she's off at college and my I don't have to contend with competing activities. Just getting home from work at a reasonable hour to get into the sewing room. Hope your yarn shows up soon and that your new 15 minute routine is working for you. Thanks for linking up each week.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Looks like you are doing great in stitching every day, working on a variety of wonderful projects. Crochet, cross stitch and quilting. And so nice that you have company while you work.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

my husband has a corner of the sewing room for his computer and desk - that way we are in the same room part of the day/evening even if we are both involved in what we are doing and not actually exchanging words. Hope you yarn arrives soon.

kiwikid said...

Shame about the wool for your crochet, hopefully it turns up soon. Seems like everyone in the house wants to to be with you 😁 while you create. Good you can get your 15 mins at some time of the day.

dq said...

You have a lovely sewing room with a lovely large window!

Staying cozy under a crochet project is a relaxing place to be.

Jenny said...

As you say, any progress is good! Do hope you get your long awaited yarn soon.

Cheryll said...

So there is hope for your yarn... fingers crossed it arrives sOOn...
Lovely to have your hubby in there too... mine sits and reads the paper but in a different room. I usually sit with him at night though.
You have lots of wonderful projects on the go too... xox

Ondrea said...

You look wonderfully snug there beneath your beautuful crochet project and the cat plonked right where you need room lol. Lucky the cat isn't chewing the wool. I hope the yarn arrives soon. I am currently waiting for 2 balls myself and it is frustrating not being able to start a project one is eager to do. ( not that I don't have any other projects to do lol.) Love your crosstitch.

Lin said...

A tantalising glimpse of your crochet project! Sounds like the yarn order is going to turn up soon - hope so. xx

Flickenstichlerin said...

You seem to be very comfortable under your almost finished crocket blanket. Looks pretty.

Janice said...

Cats on laps are a given, especially in the cooler weather. You’ve been making good progress on each of your projects....little by little.