Sunday 7 June 2020

FNwF and a Virtual Chookshed.

It was the first Friday of the month, so it was time to get together again in the evening and craft along together. I must confess I didn't do much as I was feeling very sore, stiff and tired. I hooked away at my crochet project for a while, then off to bed for an early night.
On Saturday I had to go into work for a while. I didn't want to, I really didn't because it was Chookyblues Zoom party. She would normally have a stitching retreat at her chookshed, but travel restrictions and social distancing made that impossible this year, so instead she organised a zoom party.
There was an open invite on her blog, and those who were interested were sent a zoom invite.
I spent the afternoon and most of the evening in the company of some very friendly, chatty and talented ladies. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
What did I do in the virtual Chookshed?
First I cut and prepared the stitchery pieces for this months I Stitch block. 
No pics sorry, nothing much to see yet anyway. I plan to make a start on stitching them later today.
Next I sorted and cut the pink fabrics for this months RSC. But didn't sew them together.
Then, I swapped rooms and tried to cross stitch, but I was distracted by the conversation and all the images of lovely projects both in progress and finished. So many inspiring quilts.
I put away my cross stitch and settled with my crochet. I've started a new project, but have no pictures of it yet. LOL
All of that and still no pictures!
What sort of blog is this?
Because we were having so much fun, it was decided that the party would continue into Sunday.
Now I have pictures. 
Chooky and I were first to arrive and while we waited and chatted I put together my pink butterflies for the RSC. As with other months they still need to have bodies appliqued on.
 More ladies joined in, some still yawning with their first cuppa in hand.
I had moved on to my batik strings. I had the small foundation sewn squares all made up and it didn't take me long to sew them into the larger squares, before adding the green sashing strips.
 And then I had a finished top.
I didn't contribute much to the conversation, moving as I was between the cutting table and my lap top, to the sewing machine, then the iron and back to the table. It was nice though, listening to the talk going on and stopping to look as others showed their projects. Raedene's blue stars looked amazing, and all made form scraps she said.
 One last little trick for me, was to take one of the mini charm packs I purchased last weekend and turn them into a little table runner.
 
Mr H was getting hungry and had made cheese on toast for lunch.
I said my goodbyes and went off to eat.
It was lovely to spend more time with such an amazing group of talented ladies and I look forward to discovering all of their blogs and following those projects as they grow into completed quilts.
Thank you Chooky for organising a wonderful weekend.
Please don't wait a whole year before you do it again. 
How did your weekend go?
Were you at the virtual Chookshed too?

18 comments:

ButterZ said...

Great to see all your work you achieved at the Chook shed.
I didn't attend this morning as I was outside basting my AUSSIE HERO quilt. Just had my lunch and now I'm off to do the quilting. Binding will go on tonight when I hope to get a post done. Lovely to meet you.. have a great day.

Maria said...

You sure worked on many projects in the Chookshed Lou.
Pretty Pink butterflies, great Batik scrappy blocks put together and a mini table ready to quilt as well.
Was fabulous meeting and chatting with all and look forward to another GTG soon....

dq said...

IT was fun to see your projects again on the blog having seen you show them during the zoom meeting. Being together just makes what we see in blogland so much more real!

I am a scrappy soul, so your strings quilt really talks to me.

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh Lou..... So wonderful you and all the girls could join in.... It was just like you were all sitting in my lounge room.... I really do need to make a string quilt... They look good....
Oh and yes well doing a virtual stitching day again soon...

Pink Rose said...

Hi Lou how wonderful to chat to chooky and the girls ,your quilt top is awesome,well done on all your beautiful work xx

Fiona said...

Lots of lovely projects... love how the string quilt is looking
Hugz

Lin said...

You did well despite lack of photographs. The string blocks look amazing with the green sashing! Yes, i am looking forward to the next party too. xx

kiwikid said...

It was lovely to see and hear you in person at Chooky's party. Love your string quilt, so bright and colourful. The butterflies are so cute and turntable runner is a great idea. Raedenes project is a bit tempting isn't it!

Ondrea said...

Your string quilt is so cheery with all those lovely colours. Love the flutterbys too. It would have been quite a juggling act trying to keep up with zoom while doing the usual quilting dance between sewing machine, iron and computer lol.

Karen S said...

What a great way to enjoy a few days together. Great sewing and great company.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That sounds like so much fun!!! And I really like your string top!

Flickenstichlerin said...

What a great progress, and wonderful projects. Was nice meeting you at Chooky's party.

Chris said...

Yes, I was there for a few hours Sat night EDT which was noonish in Australia. It was a lot of fun. I anticipate joining in again for longer next time.

Gail said...

I loved that string quilt when you "Ta-Da'" it, so bright and cheerful. It was such great fun at the Chookshed!

jude's page said...

Well done on all you managed to achieve during the Zoom meeting, I did little, it was good just to sit and chat and listen. I love string quilts, they manage to use up lots of bits, and look great.

Susan said...

it was a great way for us to help Chooky celebrate. Lovely to see your work.

Bethan said...

It was so lovely to meet you, and such a lovely time. You got so much done too! x

Janice said...

I’ve been very slack at reading blogs just lately, so am having a big catch up. The zoom party was great fun. You were quite productive on the second day. Let’s hope there are more parties.