Thursday 18 June 2020

New is not always improved!

I really don't have much to show so far this week. Very little of what I had planned has come to fruition. I did finally get to make a start on my I stitch block on Tuesday.
They really are very pretty and quick to stitch pieces.
One of the reasons I didn't get much done yet is because I hurt my back again.
It has been threatening for a while and finally gave up on me on Monday. I just could not get comfortable in my stitchy chair. The only comfy spot was flat out on the couch! There my back found some relief. The floor might have been a good spot too, but I wasn't getting all the way down there, just in case!
I needed new work shoes, that's it something as simple as that. But I was putting off getting them, because my poor Tony has still not been able to find another job. We are trying to be very frugal, but his redundancy payout is trickling away .....
So now I have new shoes and my back is improving slowly. I'm hoping I don't have to pay for a few visits to the Chiropractor as well. 
So Tuesday I was able to get comfy for a short while in my chair and did a little stitching and again on Wednesday.
I also managed to sit at my sewing machine for 15 mins on both nights and plan to get in there for a while once I'm done here.
Kaffe is growing. I think I'm beyond the halfway point now.
Slow progress is better than no progress. Though I would like to get my I stitch block and my Christmas ornament completed before the end of the month.
Wish me luck.
*
New Blogger.
For me formatting and publishing a blog has not changed.
I see the same screen and click on all the same buttons.
The big change I have found is that once I moderated comments, copies of them were not being emailed to me. The only fix I found for that was to go into settings and invite myself to moderate the comments!! I then had to confirm my email and since then the comments are emailed to my inbox where I have a choice of publish, delete or spam links to click on.
I suppose it is a little more streamlined, they have chopped out a couple of steps and made it easier to reply quickly to a comment. 
But seriously, it wasn't broken, why did they have to fix it??
As my lovely Mum used to say, 'New is not always improved!'
*
Well that's about all the time my back can stand of this chair for now, so I'm off to find another one.

13 comments:

dq said...

Sad day that your back is hurting you so much. I hope you can find some relief in more positions soon. It would be so hard to do anything flat on your back.

I have not minded the new blogger changes either.

Beautiful embroidery work!

Maria said...

Oh do hope your back is much better soon and you can sit longer in comfort....

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hope your back improves soon - sometimes yes it is getting good shoes or arch supports (in my case) and then making yourself wear the shoes and no go barefoot as I prefer in the house! I hope your husband is able to get a job soon - it is always hard to manage on one salary these days

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm with you on Blogger. I switched back and forth for a few days, but have since made my peace with the NEW Blogger. The thing that I find most frustrating is the length of time is takes between selecting and posting photos. Other than that, everything is there that was before. It just looks a little different.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

i like your stitchery - and the saying.
I did not like the new blogger all that much - I had a hard tie inserting code for the friday link ups - so I switched back... Thanks for the comment info tho!! That will be a good one to remember if they make us all change

Lin said...

So sorry to hear you have back problems - not nice! But it sounds as though you are slowly recovering. Enjoy those new shoes. xx

Fiona said...

Sorry to hear about the back pain.... but glad you have now got the right shoes.... it makes such a difference. all the best for Tony to find a new job... not easy at all I know. I am doing the bouquet of posies for that set of GAil Pans.... I find the filling in with back stitch takes me quite a long time but otherwise it is as you say nice little ones to do.... I know I won't be caught up for the next group though.
TAke care... see if yoiu can find some yoga stretches on line that you can do. It helped me years ago...

Hugz

Jenny said...

Oh dear, no fun with a bad back, is it. So sorry to read about the loss of Tony's job, do hope he can pick something up soon. You can do without these worries hanging over you both.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful stitchery, I hope your back improves soon. I had the same comment situation, working ok now.

Flickenstichlerin said...

hope you get well soon, best wishes

Ondrea said...

Many healing hugs coming your way. So sorry to hear about your health and the job loss. Your stitchery is lovely. Be kind to yourself.

Janice said...

Fingers crossed that your new shoes give your back some relief. The Gail Pan blocks are really cute.

Bethan said...

Lovely stitching. I hope your back is feeling better and your new shoes are continuing to help x