Sunday 28 June 2020

A Finish!

But only a tiny one.
Remember this cute wee runner sized quilt top I made during Chookys Zoom meeting?
Well yesterday I finally got around to layering and quilting it.
Nothing fancy. I popped on the walking foot and did a simple cross hatch.
 Through the squares.
A quick trip around the outsides of the squares, just to hold the border in place, on went the binding and
TADA!
One finished table runner. 
I'm rather pleased with that.
Another thing I'm rather pleased with is my wee blanket. Now that my yarn has finally arrived I am able to start joining all those coloured squares I was making.
It's a fiddly but satisfying process.
Hmmm, I'm really not sure about that strong pink square.
It doesn't slap you in the face quite so much in real life. I need to make a decision before I get too much further or it will be a pain to remove.
With no lamp and no stitching I have been doing a bit more reading. I'm re reading some old favourites and thoroughly enjoying them. 
 I have company while I read of course.
 I told her it is very rude, to read over someones shoulder like that.
But she didn't let that stop her.
It's a very wet and gloomy day here, just right for sewing or crochet or something crafty.
What to do???
I could carry on with Kaffe.
Quilt one of the two tops I have waiting their turn.
Add the final touches to Flip Flop scraps.
Or start something new?
I need to find another good scrapper pattern.
Any suggestions for a new scrappy project, what is your go to for using up scraps?

11 comments:

kiwikid said...

I had a good giggle seeing your cat reading over your shoulder, she looks so interested too!! 😁😁😁 Well done on the table runner finish, it looks great, always a good feeling to get a finish. I like the pink in your crochet, looks good. Some of my scraps are cut into 2 and a half inch squares, they get joined randomly, eventually they will become blocks, be bordered and joined up.

ButterZ said...

Hi Lou,

Why don't you have a look at TRAIL MIX that was shown to us on zoom. It's 5 easy blocks, no triangles.

Ondrea said...

Cross hatch quilting is very effective on many projects and your runner looks lovely. Love your crochet and the pink looks quite ok to me. Well done! Wish I had a nice feline to keep me warm.

Maria said...

I like the finished table runner and think the pink square is fine. There are more strong colours like the mustard and darker blue..
Yes as Jo said, "Have a look at TRAIL MIX" that's what I've started making with my scraps....

Jenny said...

Your cat is certainly taking an interest in your book, maybe on of the characters is a cat, she may be thinking. Our pets are such great company, aren't they! I've never been able to pick up how to crotchet but do a little knitting from time to time.

jude's page said...

Ditto what the others said, and make the trail mix quilt to use up your scraps. It doesn't matter if your finish is only a tiny one, it's still a finish!

Karen S said...

Lovely finish to your table runner. The quilting works well.
Glad the cat enjoys reading, too.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

So happy you got your shoe issue sorted. Our feet are vital, LOL. Got to keep them happy. Meanwhile perfect quilting plan for your runner. And I really like how you used those Kaffe blocks, kind of rainbow quilt. I have some Kaffe fabric that I haven't cut into so maybe that's an idea. Meanwhile, I like string quilts myself for using scraps. I love how Belle is reading the good parts with you.

Janice said...

The table runner turned out a treat. Very sweet. I'm with Jo, why don't you join us in Trail Mix? It looks like there are a few of us going to try it out.

dq said...

Hooray for a finish! I love the humor you have with your cat!

Lin said...

Nice finish on your table topper and the crochet is coming along nicely. xx