Saturday 28 November 2020

A completed Top.

Oh my goodness, it's been almost two weeks since my last post!
In my defence, I have been very busy.
All the usual life stuff, some secret stuff, (Of course) and some fun stuff.
Baking is something that occurs every weekend at the moment. Tony and I have decided to move on from this book. We have tried out many of the recipes in it.
Last weeks being this lovely Mincemeat Slice.
A beautiful shortbread base smothered in Fruit mince, (the kind that comes in mince pies at Christmas. I found a jar stashed away at the back of the pantry so used it up.) Then topped with a shortbread crumble.
Tony is very much enjoying my return to baking. LOL
This weeks recipe will come from the next book in the series.
Tony had a look through it the other day and made his request. 
A job for tomorrow.
This morning, I got the slow cooker going with a beef casserole for his lunch boxes next week. and while I was busy in the kitchen I also made some Tattie Scones. They were yummy for breakfast with eggs.
It's not all been about the kitchen though. Last week I put the finishing touches onto the I Stitch project.
I have thoroughly enjoyed sewing along each month on this lovely design by Gail Pan.
Although I have called it I stitch all year, that is the name of the SAL group and the quilt top is actually called Wish You Well. Rather appropriate I feel in this crazy year we're having.
I opted to leave off the rather busy border and added a plain red, I'll use the same fabric to bind it. After I figure out how to quilt it. 
I've put away all the left over fabrics from the project and now have an empty project box! 
What to put in it???
I've also been slowly stitching closed the binding on the big purple turning twenty quilt. I'm not sure why I'm going so slowly on it, I normally enjoy the process and stick at it until it's done.
I should get it completed today though.
I'm not sure what I will do next................
But hopefully it will be something I can blog about and not take two weeks getting around to it. 

 

7 comments:

kiwikid said...

Your baking looks wonderful, and congratulations on the finish.

Maria said...

Lots yummy baking going on at your place...
Beautiful finish and I'm sure it won't be long before you fill that box again.

Janice said...

Tony’s lunch boxes sound rather yummy. I Stitch looks so good. A great achievement for the year.

Lin said...

Delicious things come out of your kitchen! Mmmm Tattie Scones - it's been too long. Your finished top looks lovely. xx

Ondrea said...

I love how you have swapped some stitcheries around and slightly altered some on your quilt. It looks beautiful . Well done!

Flickenstichlerin said...

Wonderful top, I love Gail Pan designs, so precious.

jude's page said...

The photos of your baking look so good, makes me want to head to the kitchen. Need to start some Christmas goodies soon, and also am way behind in reading and blogging.